Viewing 15 posts - 19,936 through 19,950 (of 59,098 total)
Everyone I know keeps saying that "Disk space is cheap". I know better but it's still cheaper than having to work within ridiculously small confines on an unknown project....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 11, 2015 at 7:36 am
Perry Whittle (8/6/2015)
This is my script, feel free to use it, I'm constantly updating and improving it
Oddly enough, I just started looking for such a thing. Timing couldn't be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2015 at 12:36 pm
Perry Whittle (8/10/2015)
MAP is about as useful as a chocolate saucepan.
Heh... I tried MAP about 6 months ago just to see what it was all about. I couldn't think...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2015 at 10:52 am
j.kalkowski (8/9/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2015 at 4:48 pm
You did good! Just wanted to make sure because you're the one that has to support it.
And thank you very much for explaining what it was for. Worthy...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2015 at 4:20 pm
Thanks for the feedback and glad it worked for you.
Actually, the code was on "one line" to begin with. The method I used is known as a CTE and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2015 at 12:41 pm
That's a great question and is the subject of many a battle between front-end developers that are supposedly avoiding the evils of "pre-optimization" and DBAs. As with all else...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2015 at 12:31 pm
NP. It IS one of the many reasons why I prefer to not be on the bleeding edge.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2015 at 11:03 am
Greg Edwards-268690 (8/9/2015)
SQLRNNR (8/8/2015)
Jeff Moden (8/8/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2015 at 10:04 am
No problem and please pardon my manners. I did notice you were new and meant to say "Welcome aboard" and here's a helpful hint but it was getting late...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2015 at 10:00 am
halifaxdal (8/8/2015)
Jeff Moden (8/8/2015)
That answers my questions #2 and #5. Still looking for answers on #1, 3, and 4. Those may also make a difference.
1. Is this a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2015 at 8:42 pm
Please see the first link under "Helpful Links" in my signature line below for future posts.
Here's the readily consumable test data for this problem.
--===== Create the test tables and populate...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2015 at 8:37 pm
That answers my questions #2 and #5. Still looking for answers on #1, 3, and 4. Those may also make a difference.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2015 at 7:24 pm
The location of the new post is http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1709703-338-1.aspx. Please respond there instead of on this post to help keep any answers together. Thanks, folks.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2015 at 7:02 pm
halifaxdal (8/7/2015)
A test shows a query like
select * from table where charindex(column, keyword) > 1
costs 14 minutes to return result.
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2015 at 11:40 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,936 through 19,950 (of 59,098 total)