Viewing 15 posts - 19,831 through 19,845 (of 59,098 total)
Ben Whyall (8/20/2015)
I'm not sure this is the best forum but i'm hoping its the best fit.
I am a developer mostly working on .net applications with a SQL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2015 at 10:40 am
crickwilli (8/20/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2015 at 8:37 am
Jeff ingham (3/12/2014)
...hopefully this might save someone from premature hair loss!
Apparently, it DID! Well done!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2015 at 8:27 am
ByronOne (8/20/2015)
Cheers ChrisI'll give this a whirl.
Thanks for the really speedy response!
BO
The question now is, do you understand how and why it works?
I ask because Chris' fine...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2015 at 8:07 am
Eirikur's CROSSTAB solution is an effective solution for when the maximum number of items is 3 and can be easily converted for larger known maximums. It's also easily converted...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2015 at 8:04 am
Jayanth_Kurup (8/20/2015)
@jeff Looks like a perfect example on using dynamixc SQL 🙂
Nah. Not for this. It's a simple CROSSTAB or PIVOT problem, especially since it's known that there...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2015 at 8:01 am
vikramchander90 (8/20/2015)
I have a table which has few columns as Numeric value. I need to export the ouptut into a csv file as a report with column headers. I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2015 at 7:41 am
Really, really looks like and sounds like homework. Even if it's not, you should at least try. And rules 4, 5, and 6 create an oxymoron because to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2015 at 12:14 am
One of my previous bosses said that "If you don't make mistakes, I'm not pushing you hard enough".
While I agree with that, the place to experiment and make mistakes is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 19, 2015 at 11:59 pm
Kevlarmpowered (8/19/2015)
My DBAs frown on dynamic SQL...
They REALLY need to get over that. Properly written dynamic SQL is SQL Injection proof, safe, fast, and will cache an execution...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 19, 2015 at 11:52 pm
hurricaneDBA (8/19/2015)
I am setting up a database for one contractor who needs to access one of our databases but i need to remove the permission for them to view...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 19, 2015 at 11:51 pm
aldous.chris (8/19/2015)
Hi All,Thanks for your help and quick responses. There were values which weren't allowed in the column!
All columns have been successfully updated!
Cheers,
Chris
There are very few places in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 19, 2015 at 9:10 pm
One of the more recognized solutions for index maintenance can be found at the following link.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 19, 2015 at 9:06 pm
lgluna20 (8/19/2015)
I hope you are fine.
I have a questions about Update Statistics & Rebuild index.
Every day I have a maintenance Job of my DBs where I Include Update Statistics...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 19, 2015 at 9:04 pm
Dee Dee-422077 (8/19/2015)
ItemID ItemName Price
1 Test 1 100
1 ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 19, 2015 at 8:59 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,831 through 19,845 (of 59,098 total)