Viewing 15 posts - 19,516 through 19,530 (of 59,098 total)
ps_vbdev (10/1/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2015 at 8:37 am
elmnas (10/1/2015)
I meant I don't want to change any table in the database I just want to collect data and I modify the data.
Then what I said in my original...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2015 at 8:12 am
jguffey (9/30/2015)
So I created the tally table and executed your code (thanks for sharing/educating).[/code]
Make sure that the only column in the Tally Table is NOT NULL and is the PK...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 30, 2015 at 3:22 pm
I agree with Erik. It's impossible to keep large or complex plans in your head. You have to write them down and modify the plans when changes occur...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 30, 2015 at 7:42 am
elmnas (9/30/2015)
How do I trim my result without replace anything in the current DB?
here is my query
SELECT
tt.bestdatum as 'Year',
FROM
[myDB].dbo.myTable as tt INNER JOIN
WHERE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 30, 2015 at 6:56 am
You really only need to know one thing and that's only if you don't have sysadmin privs on all of the machines. That would be, where are the "SA"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 29, 2015 at 10:45 pm
Just curious... how big is the database you're talking about?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 29, 2015 at 10:42 pm
ramana3327 (9/29/2015)
I am able to create new maintenance plan. But the same error when tried to run that
Based on the given error and as someone suggested previously, who are the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 29, 2015 at 8:58 pm
Ah. My apologies, Kim... I missed what you said here...
Kim Crosser (9/29/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 29, 2015 at 8:24 pm
J Livingston SQL (9/29/2015)
Jeff Moden (9/29/2015)
Start here...http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Data+Generation/87901/
Hi Jeff.....did you ever do "part 3"
"Coming up in Part 3, random names, characters, codes, and SSNs."
best wishes
I haven't. Got attacked by a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 29, 2015 at 6:11 pm
Kim Crosser (9/29/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 29, 2015 at 4:22 pm
Start here...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Data+Generation/87901/
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Test+Data/88964/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 29, 2015 at 4:08 pm
dg81328 (9/27/2015)
The problem's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 29, 2015 at 4:06 pm
Ostensibly, the Temp Table has only the required data in it and every row will be used/updated in some fashion. Try NOT having any indexes on the Temp Table...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 29, 2015 at 8:07 am
EasyBoy (9/28/2015)
Yes. User facing the slowness at specific time. They claim that switching tabs takes about 2-3 minutes or when they enter patient information to the application.
Sorry... my comment was...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 28, 2015 at 5:21 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,516 through 19,530 (of 59,098 total)