Viewing 15 posts - 19,501 through 19,515 (of 59,098 total)
devesh.hassani (10/7/2015)
I got a sample file from configuration team and them want the data output in the given format to upload it. The sample file that I receive was...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 7, 2015 at 7:18 am
devesh.hassani (10/5/2015)
Thanks! for the suggestion Jeff.Can you please explain how can we do the export from SQL as i am not sure on the process.
Thanks,
DH
I guess the first question to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 6, 2015 at 7:42 pm
devesh.hassani (10/5/2015)
I want to convert table into following xml format. Sample two records is given below. Any help would be appreciated.
<Row>
<Cell ss:StyleID="s22">
<Data ss:Type="String">XXXXXXXXXXXXX</Data>
</Cell>
<Cell ss:StyleID="s22">
<Data ss:Type="String">64856</Data>
</Cell>
<Cell ss:StyleID="s22">
<Data ss:Type="String">Test001</Data>
</Cell>
</ROW>
<Row>
<Cell ss:StyleID="s22">
<Data ss:Type="String">XXXXXXXXXXXXX</Data>
</Cell>
<Cell...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 5, 2015 at 10:14 am
GilaMonster (10/2/2015)
chuck.forbes (10/2/2015)
You're right, the file isn't 99% unused, it's 99% used. I interpreted that backwards. I can see the need for the checkpoint now.
Checkpoint won't do anything,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 5, 2015 at 10:13 am
[font="Arial Black"]From the Article:[/font]
create procedure usp_DoSomething (@PARAMETER int)
as
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 5, 2015 at 5:50 am
elham_azizi_62 (10/5/2015)
hello J Livingston.My output have more than 1 column and column's names are:
PersonelNumber,FirstName,LastName,BaseSalary,BaseSalaryAmount,ExtraSalary,ExtraSalaryAmount,SpecialSalary,SpecialSalaryAmount.
It's time to stop guessing. Please see the article at the first link in my signature...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 5, 2015 at 5:29 am
ps_vbdev (10/5/2015)
somehow ive picked this up wrong. I was under the impression that partitioning the data would give benefit in the form of sql server not having to look...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 5, 2015 at 5:25 am
Eric M Russell (10/3/2015)
898 million page reads? Each page is 8'000 bytes... :w00t:
The final 42 million reads is pretty bad, as well, even for a batch run. That's like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 5, 2015 at 5:18 am
I think that what some people consider to be a "code smell" is sometimes actually an indication that the person that wrote the code has a very good handle on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 4, 2015 at 7:00 am
Understood. But, with the exception of the abbreviation for "microseconds", which would really have been cool as the more standard "us" instead of "mcs", I just don't have a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2015 at 6:51 am
vinod.andani-874416 (10/1/2015)
Use the simplified one below :
CREATE FUNCTION dbo.ExecuteStringAsQuery (@empID as nvarchar(500))
RETURNS Varchar(8000)
AS
BEGIN
/* Build Transact-SQL String with parameter value */
return(select JoinDateQuery...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2015 at 5:49 am
Reindexing will seal up the holes, as well.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2015 at 9:02 pm
Kristen-173977 (9/28/2015)
Jeff Moden (9/28/2015)
+1000
My new high score :w00t:
FWIW a +1000 pet-hate of mine is using short mnemonics for the datepart parameters e.g. DATEADD(dd, ... instead of DATEADD(Day, ...
I have no...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Searching for "accidental DBA" on Google provides a wealth of information and resources. Here are a couple of good ones.
http://www.johnsansom.com/how-to-become-a-sql-server-dba/
http://www.brentozar.com/archive/2013/07/announcing-our-free-accidental-dba-6-month-training-plan/
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Books/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2015 at 7:51 pm
zedtec (10/1/2015)
I have a date column (not datetime) in SQL Server and the dates are in the format yyyy-mm-dd
I need to replace the date values with zero's so it looks...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2015 at 8:46 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,501 through 19,515 (of 59,098 total)