Viewing 15 posts - 19,351 through 19,365 (of 59,098 total)
Ed Wagner (10/29/2015)
That's pretty slick, Eirikur. I appreciate how you use string replacement using the rows in sys.databases to generate the final SQL to fire. I've noticed that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2015 at 7:46 am
I think that if we're going to do a study on inline Tally Table creation methods and comparisons against physical Tally Tables that have been cached, we should start another...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2015 at 6:57 am
I used a much different tactic. I'll explain why in a minute but let's first see how it solves your immediate problem.
First, here's your original table and data (keeping...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2015 at 10:20 pm
At the database level, I'll say "kind of" but only if you know what your database backup sizes have been or that info is still in the MSDB database.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2015 at 5:21 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (10/28/2015)
Ed Wagner (10/28/2015)
Eirikur Eiriksson (10/28/2015)
happygeek (10/28/2015)
nibbleQuark
String
Tension
"Wait-till-last-minute"
(83-code-reviews-in-2-days-on-urgent-project :sick::blink::unsure:)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2015 at 3:56 pm
below86 (10/28/2015)
+100 to Eric's last post.
Except for the part about having to guess whether a 1 is true or false, I'll second that.
As for the reason why some systems use...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2015 at 9:41 am
christophe.bernard 47659 (10/28/2015)
thanks for your time that's exactly what I want ..
I don't know the function pivot but I can see that's very powerfull ..
@yb751 => your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2015 at 8:32 am
xsevensinzx (10/26/2015)
Jeff Moden (10/26/2015)
xsevensinzx (10/26/2015)
Eric M Russell (10/26/2015)
..If you look through the jobs, many are development positions, but there are some good data ones. Data modeler, BI Analyst, Data Architect,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 27, 2015 at 9:57 am
Jayanth_Kurup (10/26/2015)
Thanks for taking the time to do this Jeff , I'll try an have a more easily usable script ready in a few minutes and send them to you.
Looking...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2015 at 10:23 pm
Jayanth_Kurup (10/23/2015)
EDIT : BUMP, hoping for some independently verified results , also...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2015 at 9:29 pm
celticpiping (10/26/2015)
well, I must have highlighted the top line...
because I re-ran, and deleted 1 row with:
delete shipping_data
where order_no='1000002'
and running;
delete shipping_data
where order_no=1000002
produced an error: "Conversion failed when converting the varchar...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2015 at 9:15 pm
xsevensinzx (10/26/2015)
Eric M Russell (10/26/2015)
..If you look through the jobs, many are development positions, but there are some good data ones. Data modeler, BI Analyst, Data Architect, Big Data Engineer,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2015 at 7:51 pm
Wayne West (10/26/2015)
Jeff Moden (10/25/2015)
... Then, introduce them to some very high velocity pork chops.
As it happens, I was eating a brisket and sausage sandwich when I read this. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2015 at 7:41 pm
SQLBill (10/26/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/26/2015)
They are using some bug that lets them submit many posts, even as unapproved users.
[font="Arial Black"]PLEASE [/font]tell me that the bug is in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2015 at 7:02 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,351 through 19,365 (of 59,098 total)