Viewing 15 posts - 19,216 through 19,230 (of 59,098 total)
Alright, nexus2vijay... Putting the teaching hat back on, let's work on the first problem...
Here's the problem as you listed it in the original post on this thread...
1. List the top...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2015 at 2:18 pm
nexus2vijay (11/12/2015)
Use JOIN wherever applicable (do not use EXISTS!).
Do NOT use variable or temporary table.
4 Tables are below and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2015 at 8:11 am
xxxy2k (11/13/2015)
select
dbo.GetDomain(t.test,'|',0) as col2,
dbo.GetDomain(t.test,'|',1) as col3,
dbo.GetDomain(t.test,'|',2) as col4
from...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2015 at 6:27 am
Phil Factor (11/12/2015)
It was a difficult booklet to write because I was merely trying to record those things that were considered by people cleverer and more experienced than I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2015 at 12:54 pm
Ed Elliott (11/11/2015)
Martin Fowler is pretty clear that refactoring means looking for and cleaning substandard code for example:http://martinfowler.com/articles/workflowsOfRefactoring/#opp-flow
The thing is, who determines what "substandard" actually is? Based on the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2015 at 7:52 pm
I love refactoring because we can indeed get rid of a huge amount of technical debt, improve performance and scalability of the code, simplify by removed gobs of RBAR, and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2015 at 3:10 pm
Chitown (11/11/2015)
Thanks all. I think I will start with learning TSQL since I am just a little weak in that department. 🙂
Cool. That's great. I have to tell...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2015 at 8:44 am
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/10/2015)
Jeff Moden (11/6/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2015 at 9:19 pm
SoHelpMeCodd (11/8/2015)
You are way too gentle Jeff. I struck out my comment - my apologies:)
I've seen your posts. You've got a good spirit and a great heart not to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Nicegirl13 (11/10/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Phil Factor (11/10/2015)
Is this the SQL Code Smells ebook you're referring to? I wasn't sure, since there were 120 SQL Code Smells itemised, not 27. If it is mine, I'll...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2015 at 8:21 pm
Gary Varga (11/10/2015)
Jeff Moden (11/10/2015)
Gary Varga (11/10/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2015 at 6:52 pm
Eric M Russell (11/10/2015)
A foolish man builds his business on top of a million lines of source code.
Hmmm.... wonder how much code Google or Ebay has.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2015 at 6:46 pm
MadAdmin (11/10/2015)
Favorite Quotes:
"Has anyone ever told you that a query you have written runs too fast?" - Dwain Camps - 6 Mar 2014
Yes.
Because the DB was then able to successfully...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2015 at 6:39 pm
GilaMonster (11/10/2015)
I've recently seen a system with many user-defined functions, each with thousands of lines of code, often calling each other. Tests or no tests, I'm not touching that.
They've done...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2015 at 9:19 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,216 through 19,230 (of 59,098 total)