Viewing 15 posts - 18,871 through 18,885 (of 59,098 total)
Jason A. Long (12/23/2015)
This is just a quick test... But according to this, the Windowed SUM is going faster... see what you think...
You've fallen into the same trap that half...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 5:45 pm
ScottPletcher (12/23/2015)
Jeff Moden (12/22/2015)
WhiteLotus (12/21/2015)
Sounds good ..I also notice that all databases autogrowth option are 10% . Should I change all of them ?
If the initial size was 1MB, it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 4:42 pm
PearlJammer1 (12/23/2015)
Thanks for confirmation...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 4:36 pm
twin.devil (12/22/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 11:53 am
Ed Wagner (12/22/2015)
Michael L John (12/22/2015)
Phil Parkin (12/22/2015)
It seems that everyone in this thread spends their spare time shooting things :exclamationmark::-DIt's better stress relief than choking developers.
I find that people...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 11:20 am
J Livingston SQL (12/23/2015)
Jeff Moden (12/23/2015)
I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but I do know that, whatever they did, it makes for relatively slow running totals. :crazy:
Jeff...if...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 10:41 am
Jason A. Long (12/22/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 8:45 am
I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but I do know that, whatever they did, it makes for relatively slow running totals. :crazy:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 8:27 am
Early Christmas gift... thanks Steve.
Shifting gears to one of my "favorite" rants...
Heh... if you use DATETIME2(3), you get approximately the same precision as DATETIME (3.3 milliseconds rounded to the nearest...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 8:24 am
awarnke 39611 (12/22/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2015 at 6:51 pm
itguy2015 (12/22/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2015 at 6:47 pm
That might be a decent use but it really depends on how the CLR is written. My suggestion would be to test it for performance in a Dev environment...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2015 at 6:01 pm
WhiteLotus (12/21/2015)
Sounds good ..I also notice that all databases autogrowth option are 10% . Should I change all of them ?
If the initial size was 1MB, it takes 73 growths...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2015 at 4:55 pm
koti.raavi (12/21/2015)
Below is the sample query
Select Month1,Month2,Month3......Month24 from #temp
I need to display data like below
Select Month1 as [Dec 2015], Month2 as [Jan 2016],Month3 as [Feb 2016] From...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2015 at 4:12 pm
I know it's going to sound crazy but it sounds like a network cable, NIC, or Switch/Hub port may have gone bad. It could also be that some genius...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2015 at 3:49 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 18,871 through 18,885 (of 59,098 total)