Viewing 15 posts - 18,856 through 18,870 (of 59,098 total)
Jason A. Long (12/24/2015)
How about this one?
Now you're cooking with gas. MUCH better data and test!... and, I stand corrected.
1. If all you want to do is display...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 24, 2015 at 4:24 pm
johnwalker10 (12/23/2015)
try the below query to get result in DD/MM/YY format.
select LEFT(convert(varchar(10), @date, 103),6) + Right(Year(@date)+ 1,2)
Gosh, no... Never do date/time formatting for a GUI from SQL Server. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 24, 2015 at 3:16 pm
Ok... if have to ask... why was the following post marked as the correct answer...
johnwalker10 (12/23/2015)
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[ table_name] DROP CONSTRAINT [fk_name]
... even though it has less information that this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 24, 2015 at 3:13 pm
You've confused me a bit, Scott. First you say that 16 VLFs for a 1GB logfile is too low and then you explain using even fewer VLFs per GB...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 24, 2015 at 3:09 pm
Basurmanin (12/24/2015)
i have the next problem:
i need to extract numbers from a string.
Without using CTE, func, proc. Just query.
Restrictions - varchar (50)
Let`s take this example
select 'aGk5kyO8pfas2csd444567' as word union...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 24, 2015 at 2:56 pm
SQLisAwE5OmE (12/24/2015)
Thanks Scott, it worked.Appreciate it.
Do you understand the code that Scott wrote and why it's better to use the >=/< method he used?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 24, 2015 at 2:37 pm
It's not just the anchor. You can't use a Non-Clustered Index for the QU because of the possibility of a "Merry-go-Round" index.
Also, your data is sorted on the Amt...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 24, 2015 at 2:13 pm
Jeff Moden (12/23/2015)
mpdillon (12/23/2015)
Yes. I agree that would work. I was hoping to find a query solution. I was thinking that if the table were Ordered by item number...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 24, 2015 at 2:05 pm
david.holley (12/23/2015)
I'm incredibly bad at math and doing conversions, but I make a killer Pineapple/Jalapeno caserole.
Heh... sounds awesome! 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 24, 2015 at 9:50 am
mpdillon (12/23/2015)
Yes. I agree that would work. I was hoping to find a query solution. I was thinking that if the table were Ordered by item number and Start...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 7:04 pm
Do the tables use IDENTITY columns for the PK of the tables?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 6:45 pm
david.holley (12/23/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 6:42 pm
GilaMonster (12/23/2015)
sri2015 (12/23/2015)
EXEC XP_CMDSHELL 'net use H: \\foldername1\foldername2\sharedfoldername3'EXEC XP_CMDSHELL 'Dir H:'
EXEC XP_CMDSHELL 'net use H: /delete'
Nope!
SQL does not support mapped drives for database files, just the //server/share format,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 6:27 pm
TheSQLGuru (12/22/2015)
Jeff Moden (12/22/2015)
TheSQLGuru (12/22/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 6:25 pm
mw112009 (12/23/2015)
Create table x
(
IN_TABLE_NAME varchar(50),
SOURCE_TYPE CHAR(1)
);
Question: I only want the SOURCE_TYPE column to have the
following values: P, S, N, M
How do I create a rule so that the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 18,856 through 18,870 (of 59,098 total)