Viewing 15 posts - 18,766 through 18,780 (of 59,098 total)
simon_s (12/31/2015)
one thing I have noticed so far is with just 215 rows in the table its taking over 30 minutes so far to run...
You have a loop somewhere in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 1, 2016 at 4:59 pm
I know this thread is over 5 years old but I believe I found out why page splits occur even in the case of ever increasing values during inserts. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2015 at 6:48 pm
Alright... it looks like Drew isn't going to bite on this one.
Here's the code I wrote last night with the validation checks that I added today. Details...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 11:12 pm
FridayNightGiant (12/30/2015)
Looking forward to any critiques - not sure if I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 9:33 pm
MMartin1 (12/30/2015)
Jeff Moden (12/25/2015)
WHERE ISNULL(SomeNumericColumn,0) > 0
...
WHERE ISNULL(SomeCharacterColumn,'...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 4:21 pm
So let's get back to the burning question...
@Basurmanin,
Why the restrictions other than someone told you so?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 4:16 pm
drew.allen (12/30/2015)
Jeff Moden (12/30/2015)
Generating data to the ms across a large range of dates is very important to testing.
I would say that depends on what you're testing and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 3:44 pm
SQLisAwE5OmE (12/30/2015)
Jeff Moden (12/30/2015)
SQLisAwE5OmE (12/30/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 1:58 pm
drew.allen (12/30/2015)
Jeff Moden (12/29/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 12:51 pm
So, just to be clear.... you no longer have the original "identifier" problem?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 12:38 pm
SQLisAwE5OmE (12/30/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 12:32 pm
dwilliscp (12/30/2015)
Jeff Moden (12/29/2015)
dwilliscp (12/29/2015)
I would love to post the code.. but it is my vendor's code... sorry.
Actually, that explains a lot.
So who's code is it that's in your first...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 8:10 am
sandesh_krishnan (12/30/2015)
Is there an option to create a temporary table based on the output of dynamic SQL?
Example : 'Select * Into #TEMP_TABLE FROM '+ DYNAMIC_SQL
I have tried option of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 7:57 am
kaza.rohan (12/30/2015)
But for other tables it is possible by using sys.columns and then we can unpivot it.
but sys.databases is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 7:52 am
dndaughtery (12/30/2015)
There aren't any mathematical calculations but there are several Case statements. I'd post the query but its a monster
CASE [font="Arial Black"]IS [/font]a type of calculation. You may have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2015 at 7:47 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,766 through 18,780 (of 59,098 total)