Viewing 15 posts - 18,631 through 18,645 (of 59,098 total)
sqlnewbie17 (1/14/2016)
If my result set has a million rows wouldn't a case statement be very slow than a where clause.
CASE won't make it slow...
Shifting gears... I don't know what you're...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 5:00 pm
I'd say the first thing to do is look for a proc or a job that does a monthly handling of the partitioning of the table. The person that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 4:55 pm
Phil Parkin (1/14/2016)
Of course, implicit in that is that you make it work faster than...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 4:25 pm
Orlando Colamatteo (1/14/2016)
Jeff Moden (1/14/2016)
Orlando Colamatteo (1/13/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 9:40 am
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/14/2016)
Jeff Moden (1/14/2016)
Orlando Colamatteo (1/13/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 8:59 am
David McKinney (1/14/2016)
Hmmmm.....I must have been unclear in my question....but I'll say it again....I'm asking about Oracle (hence I posted in the Working with Oracle forum.)
.....I hate for your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 7:35 am
Insurance companies are already doing this although I don't know if they actually track geo-location but it seems logical they would because they can. They have this little gizmo...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 7:31 am
Igor Micev (1/14/2016)
•Table variables (DECLARE @t TABLE) are visible only to the connection that creates it, and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 7:18 am
Orlando Colamatteo (1/13/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 7:03 am
vamshikrishnaeee (8/10/2010)
I have a table workcachedetail with 40 million rows which has 8 columns.We decided to partition the table.Most of the queries in our environment uses 4 columns in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 7:00 am
Deepa V (1/13/2016)
You can partition by creating a persisted computed columns.
Please explain how that would help in this case.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 6:53 am
sqlquaker (1/13/2016)
http://sqlperformance.com/2012/07/t-sql-queries/split-strings
Also check out...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 6:43 am
BWFC (1/14/2016)
I can't believe I didn't think of using the Tally table method. I've...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 6:19 am
Orlando Colamatteo (1/13/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 6:16 am
cycle90210 (1/14/2016)
I think there are 2 real ways to address this:
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2016 at 6:13 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,631 through 18,645 (of 59,098 total)