Viewing 15 posts - 13,801 through 13,815 (of 22,227 total)
So you want move the data between servers without downtime? That's harder than a simple backup & restore.
While you can backup your database in 32bit and restore it in 64bit,...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 20, 2010 at 6:27 am
Check the execution plans on both queries. I'm pretty sure you'll see that they're different. You're hitting a bad parameter sniffing problem. I'd also suggest trying the query within a...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 20, 2010 at 6:23 am
Paul White NZ (12/16/2010)
WayneS (12/16/2010)
Here's just two of the reasons why I've turned it off:
I just typed this successfully in 2008 SSMS with Intellisense on (which it always is):
SELECT ...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 17, 2010 at 5:48 am
GilaMonster (12/16/2010)
Grant Fritchey (12/16/2010)
I know I'm biased, but I really do like SQL Prompt and the way it works. I think SSMS intelisence is a good idea, poorly executed.
Likewise....
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 16, 2010 at 1:13 pm
I know I'm biased, but I really do like SQL Prompt and the way it works. I think SSMS intelisence is a good idea, poorly executed. Red Gate's product on...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 16, 2010 at 11:51 am
SwayneBell (12/15/2010)
Grant Fritchey (12/8/2010)
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 16, 2010 at 5:54 am
Jeff Moden (12/15/2010)Having some jitters is not a bad thing. Shaking uncontrolably is a bad thing... especially if you've had lots of water to drink.
I was a...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 16, 2010 at 5:30 am
It's going to sound funny when I say this, but the sore throat must have something to do with how you speak. I really don't do anything in particular to...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 16, 2010 at 5:26 am
traughberk (12/10/2010)
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 10, 2010 at 4:52 pm
SequelSurfer (12/10/2010)
sani (12/7/2010)
Hi All,For Production just Read/Write access for all users including developer should be available.
Is open Write access on a Production Box a little generous or am I...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 10, 2010 at 5:57 am
I'll pile on to this one a bit.
Should it be removed? Hell no! As others have already pointed out, there are legitimate reasons to shrink databases, especially in some...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 10, 2010 at 5:56 am
jcrawf02 (12/9/2010)
Brandie Tarvin (12/9/2010)
Brandie Tarvin (12/9/2010)
SQL Myths Debunked / ReBunked webcast link as requested.
Anytime a webinar is "sponsored" by a company, there's twenty minutes of advertising at the end.
Didn't...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 9, 2010 at 5:14 pm
I'd start with clustered indexes on the most select and most used column or columns. Then add non-clustered indexes from there. Remember if the key in a cluster covers the...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 9, 2010 at 12:31 pm
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/9/2010)
Grant Fritchey (12/9/2010)
Jack Corbett (12/8/2010)
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 9, 2010 at 11:31 am
Keith Mescha (12/9/2010)
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
December 9, 2010 at 8:37 am
Viewing 15 posts - 13,801 through 13,815 (of 22,227 total)