Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 22,227 total)
I feel like that list is proof that Grant and Jeff are the same person, as they have exactly the same amount of subscriptions.
No.
You've got that all wrong. Jeff...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 9, 2022 at 6:59 pm
NVARCHAR for the win!
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 9, 2022 at 3:40 pm
I've done database design by sitting with the developers and the business people, both. If you don't have full input, you're guessing. I really hate guessing. I get it wrong,...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 9, 2022 at 2:38 pm
Based on this, yep, I'm even more positive the right way to go is with a logical model and a physical model (or, minimum, a physical model). I've built databases...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 9, 2022 at 1:57 pm
What this is saying is that only one row in TEMP1 matches the join criteria, but three rows in LOG_DB match the WHERE clause. That's exactly how it's supposed to...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 9, 2022 at 1:55 pm
I don't completely understand what you're going for. Can you post table definitions and the query you're currently using?
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 8, 2022 at 3:30 pm
When doing a database design, simply getting a list of columns is not how I'd pursue it. Instead, I want to understand what it is that they're attempting to store...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 8, 2022 at 3:28 pm
I don't think there's a single correct answer here. Is this a good time to consider schema's and your object layout? Yes. However, as you say, it's early in the...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 7, 2022 at 3:47 pm
Yeah. There really isn't a way to do this after the fact.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 4, 2022 at 4:37 pm
hello ,
i have sql 2017 installed in my machine i want install 2019 , should I delete 2017 before ?
thank u
It's generally a good idea to post new questions,...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 4, 2022 at 4:16 pm
Extended Events is our friend.
Take a look at the object_created event. You could filter by object_type and only see when indexes get created.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 4, 2022 at 1:32 pm
If you're moving the entire data set every time, I don't think a relational database is the thing for you. It's adding all sorts of overhead that just doesn't seem...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 4, 2022 at 1:25 pm
You want to look at Extended Events. sp_cache_remove is the key to understanding what's going on. Here's an example session for detailing cache behaviors:
CREATE EVENT SESSION...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 4, 2022 at 1:07 pm
>>>>Eirikur Eiriksson wrote: >>>Grant Fritchey wrote:
>>Sean Lange wrote:
>And in other news....I have taken the plunge. After almost 25 years as a developer I have just accepted a new...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 3, 2022 at 5:00 pm
And in other news....I have taken the plunge. After almost 25 years as a developer I have just accepted a new position as a full time DBA. Even more...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
February 3, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 22,227 total)