Viewing 15 posts - 4,996 through 5,010 (of 22,227 total)
Gary Varga (3/14/2016)
Grant Fritchey (3/14/2016)
robert.sterbal 56890 (3/14/2016)
DBAs are somewhat reactionary in technology adaptation.That being said, are there any market share reports on the adaptation you are talking about?
I've seen...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 14, 2016 at 8:21 am
robert.sterbal 56890 (3/14/2016)
I guess I'd want to know who they are competing with as well.
Everyone. But primarily Amazon. They're the other big player in hosted services.
I can't tell if Microsoft...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 14, 2016 at 8:19 am
kradi (3/14/2016)
Please, can you share links for trial deployment tutorials
There are free trials available: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/
If you have an MSDN license, you have up to $150 of credit, monthly, to experiment...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 14, 2016 at 8:17 am
robert.sterbal 56890 (3/14/2016)
DBAs are somewhat reactionary in technology adaptation.That being said, are there any market share reports on the adaptation you are talking about?
I've seen some, but none I...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 14, 2016 at 7:28 am
There are a lot of moving parts here, especially with the introduction of VMs into the mix. You're going to have to go through the settings on the servers, look...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 14, 2016 at 7:04 am
Agreed. COPY_ONLY is of use with DIFFERENTIAL backups. If you're not using DIFFERENTIAL, then there's no need to use COPY_ONLY. It won't do anything for you.
Instead, the QA process...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 11, 2016 at 6:15 am
Yeah, I think this could make a good presentation. A DR process with little, or inadequate, documentation is going to fail.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 11, 2016 at 6:10 am
This is going to be an utter disaster taking this approach.
Generated code is fine, to a point. However, it needs to be generated with actual logic behind it. I'd...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 11, 2016 at 6:09 am
By and large, when creating a new index, I leave the default in place unless I know going in that I'm likely to see lots of fragmentation. Otherwise, I don't...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 11, 2016 at 6:05 am
johnwalker10 (3/10/2016)
check out the following link maybe this will help you out: http://serverfault.com/questions/111510/how-to-monitor-activity-on-a-single-table-using-sql-server-profiler
Two points on that answer. One, it's doing the same thing with trace that I outlined with extended...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 11, 2016 at 6:01 am
sql-lover (3/10/2016)
Grant Fritchey (3/10/2016)
sql-lover (3/10/2016)
I just tried that Extended Event session on my Dev box and it's not capturing anything 🙁 I tried a simple store procedure reading from...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 10, 2016 at 3:10 pm
sql-lover (3/10/2016)
I just tried that Extended Event session on my Dev box and it's not capturing anything 🙁 I tried a simple store procedure reading from a simple table...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 10, 2016 at 1:05 pm
sql-lover (3/10/2016)
Grant Fritchey (3/10/2016)
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 10, 2016 at 1:04 pm
This is easy and difficult at the same time. Tracking an individual table, I assume you want READ/UPDATE/DELETE/INSERT is not something normally done. It's very easy with a batch operation:
CREATE...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 10, 2016 at 11:44 am
Take direct control of the restore process through scripts rather than relying on some GUI. You can certainly name the files any way you wish when using those products you...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
March 10, 2016 at 11:19 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,996 through 5,010 (of 22,227 total)