Viewing 15 posts - 2,041 through 2,055 (of 22,227 total)
How will the data be read most of the time? Since the clustered index defines data storage, I usually lean towards making the clustered index the most common access path...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 31, 2020 at 10:18 am
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 31, 2020 at 10:16 am
Nuts. I'm only batting .500 on these things.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 31, 2020 at 10:09 am
Scapa
Best whiskey in the world.
However, there's a distillery in Rhode Island, Sons of Liberty, that are making some amazing stuff. I've had multiple bottles of Uprising and Battle Cry. Both...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 31, 2020 at 9:39 am
Tonight, I'll be having haggis. Pray for me.
Haggis is great though! Haven't had it in ages mind, but I've enjoyed it every time I have. In Edinburgh for...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 31, 2020 at 9:34 am
Tonight, I'll be having haggis. Pray for me.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 31, 2020 at 6:56 am
But have either of you ever been to Belgium?
Let's just say, mussels, mayo on fries and a tripel is one of my favorite meals on the planet.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 30, 2020 at 3:57 pm
(and PS Grant, you are our long lost mentor, I often wonder if my father wasn't either you or steve 🙂 - we know it's not brent, he likes...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 30, 2020 at 3:30 pm
This whole MVP grind can be a serious grind. I love it, but I absolutely see how it can burn you out. Especially on the forums. Some days...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 30, 2020 at 3:27 pm
My compliments, Sean, on the phrase "user hostile" describing the site because it's so very precise. It got to the point where posting answers became so difficult and time-consuming...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 30, 2020 at 3:21 pm
Argh I hit "report" instead of "quote" on your post Mike, apologies can anyone bring back "3721595"
As for Brad, would also like to know how he's doing, not seen...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 30, 2020 at 3:15 pm
and never mind that - i'm still trying to figure out what happened to brad mghee.
Brad pulled back as well. This whole MVP grind can be a serious grind....
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 30, 2020 at 3:14 pm
On an unrelated topic, I've had a Cheap Trick song stuck in my head all morning because of Grant's editorial today.
WINNING!
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 30, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Yeah, if we screw it up, we try to make it right.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 30, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Grant,
This has been on my mind for a while. I *am* a bottleneck. Things would get done faster if I loosened up the reins. When I realised a couple...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
January 30, 2020 at 2:56 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 2,041 through 2,055 (of 22,227 total)