Viewing 15 posts - 1,801 through 1,815 (of 22,227 total)
I was able to attached the plan, please look at the actual plan and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Not sure what you uploaded, but it's not a .sqlplan...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
June 8, 2020 at 11:50 am
Great, Thanks!! yes, I was able to do SP call in the test environment and generate the actual plan. Attached. Please let me know your thoughts, I do not...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
June 5, 2020 at 8:07 pm
Welcome to the party! I hope you come back.
Yeah, you got it. If you have additional information you'd like to add as part of the insert, just plug it in...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
June 5, 2020 at 2:22 pm
So, you're looking at the markers that SQL Server creates when you ask for an execution plan for Data Definition Language (DDL). There are no execution plans created for DDL....
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
June 5, 2020 at 12:57 pm
Jeffrey:
Thanks for your patience. I will review the procedures for posting questions and the code you submitted to help me. About the joining ID to ID...I guess I wanted...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
June 5, 2020 at 12:51 pm
It'd be so much easier if you showed stuff in T-SQL since that's how we have to do all the work. However, let me take a stab at a pass...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
June 5, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Although, I might not have done it the right way. I deleted the account. I'm now wondering what the data cascade is looking like... Oops.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
June 3, 2020 at 11:30 am
I think I got rid of Stanley.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
June 3, 2020 at 11:29 am
Any admins about to ban https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/user/james500 ? He's spammed over 50 topics in the last hour with advertisements for counterfeit documents.
No idea how to ban someone, but I discovered...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 29, 2020 at 12:26 pm
Thanks Grant .. Can you suggest any tool to reduce the RTO?
The exact reason is the BC team want to reduce the RTO from 100 minutes we mentioned with...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 27, 2020 at 5:53 pm
Today I have a peformance issue where setting legacy cardinality estimator ON helps.
From 100s to 1 sec. Really interesting.
If you have individual queries, and you can edit them, it...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 27, 2020 at 11:13 am
Hey Lowell!!!!
Great to see you out here in the wild.
Be a little cautious only on unique indexes when defining "used". The optimizer can actually reference a unique index in it's...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 27, 2020 at 11:11 am
I'm not aware of this tool, so no real comment on it one way or the other.
However, the rules for any 3rd party solution for backups are very simple. Show...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 27, 2020 at 11:02 am
To really get a grasp on SQL Server security, I'd suggest Denny Cherry's book on the topic. It's a little bit old at this point, but 90%+ of the...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 26, 2020 at 1:53 pm
Sometimes the ultimate fix is a rewrite of the queries to a more optimal pattern.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 26, 2020 at 12:28 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1,801 through 1,815 (of 22,227 total)