Viewing 15 posts - 18,016 through 18,030 (of 49,552 total)
Does the application pass anything to SQL Server to identify the original user? (login name, host name, etc)
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 18, 2012 at 3:08 am
Stueyd (6/18/2012)
Yes I know normally it's good practice to do this, but in this particular case do you think it could be beneficial?
You answered your own question there. It's normally...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 18, 2012 at 2:43 am
I suspect it is related to parameter sniffing. Seriously, simplify the query.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 18, 2012 at 2:41 am
What exactly do you mean 'does not work'?
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 18, 2012 at 1:52 am
http://www.scarydba.com/2010/11/22/do-foreign-key-constraints-help-performance/
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 18, 2012 at 1:50 am
No. It's roughly 20%, but you'll need to test on your largest tables to see exactly.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 18, 2012 at 1:49 am
All I can suggest then is simplify the query (break it up, use temp tables, etc). Sounds like it's got too complex to be handleable quickly.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 18, 2012 at 1:48 am
You don't assign application roles to groups. The application just invokes the roles.
I suggest reading up on app roles in BoL, they're not the same as traditional roles and...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 18, 2012 at 1:47 am
All I can suggest is contact the author and/or MS Press and complain/ask for a working DB.
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 18, 2012 at 1:44 am
What kind of function is that?
Can you post the two execution plans please?
Have you tried it with parameters as opposed to declared variables?
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 17, 2012 at 4:49 pm
And what is the exact error message you get running that?
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 17, 2012 at 4:47 pm
What is the exact script you are using?
Why don't you contact MS press or the author and ask them for a working DB?
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 17, 2012 at 3:27 pm
Welsh Corgi (6/17/2012)
I renamed the file and I get an error that the file does not exist.
What, in explorer when you rename the file you get an error?
What happens if...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 17, 2012 at 2:51 pm
Welsh Corgi (6/17/2012)
I missed the:FOR ATTACH_REBUILD_LOG;
I tried it and still got the same error.
The attach just specifies only the mdf? Can't rebuild log if you're specifying the log.
I not...
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 17, 2012 at 2:13 pm
Welsh Corgi (6/17/2012)
Thanks.I executed the following
but it is trying to attach the log file.
How do I force it to ignore the log file?
GilaMonster (6/17/2012)
Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability
June 17, 2012 at 1:29 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 18,016 through 18,030 (of 49,552 total)