Viewing 15 posts - 2,326 through 2,340 (of 3,717 total)
I worked on government sites that required Urdu, Bengali, Gujarati, Punjabi etc.
The problem with those languages is that there is NO standard font for them and therefore you are at...
November 17, 2006 at 2:19 pm
I think the important thing is not what the standard is but the fact that there is a standard.
Company A may have a totally different standard than Company B but...
November 13, 2006 at 3:42 pm
I have come across a scenario where I have to move a table from an application specific database to a database that is shared by all applications.
Given that it is...
November 13, 2006 at 1:35 pm
I would vote for Innovasys DocumentX and Apex SQL Doc as documentation tools.
October 6, 2006 at 12:15 pm
OK I am particularly interested in developing CLR functions, aggregates and procedures.
Does anyone know of a download that would provide the datatypes or is there a general work around...
September 26, 2006 at 2:52 pm
I think censorship is OK provided it correctly identifies work related sites.
The problem comes in identifying those legitemate work related sites.
September 22, 2006 at 2:25 am
After shrinking the log look up ALTER DATABASE MODFIY FILE in Books on Line.
September 20, 2006 at 12:48 pm
Firstly back up the transaction log.
Next run sp_helpdb 'YourDatabaseName'
Note the name of the log device
now run DBCC SHRINKFILE('TheLogFileName','Your desired size')
September 20, 2006 at 4:36 am
If the server is a linked server then SQLServer1.pubs.dbo.checkcontract should have worked.
You do have to tell SQL Server to create a linked server with the appropriate credentials though.
September 19, 2006 at 5:17 am
When my contracted hours were lower I used to do a lot of research in my own time. My wife works nights and I work days so there are...
September 13, 2006 at 5:16 am
CREATE DEFAULT df_now AS GETDATE()
CREATE DEFAULT df_today AS CONVERT(SMALLDATETIME,CONVERT(CHAR(10),GETDATE(),102),102)
CREATE TYPE dbo.ty_now FROM DATETIME NOT NULL
CREATE TYPE dbo.ty_today FROM SMALLDATETIME NOT NULL
exec sp_bindefault 'df_now','ty_now'
exec sp_bindefault 'df_today','ty_today'
September 12, 2006 at 2:16 am
I had SQL2K, SQL2005 and MySQL4.2 all coexisting on a development box.
I'm not sure if that is such a good idea on a production box but if you could have...
September 10, 2006 at 4:04 pm
I would start reading up about full-text indexes in SQL Server.
I would also look at the Thunderstone website for their Webinator search engine. It is a spider, which means...
September 10, 2006 at 4:02 pm
I think of the INFORMATION_SCHEMA views as being something like a programming interface. I know interfaces don't contain implementation, but as Andrew says, the underying tables may change but...
September 8, 2006 at 2:00 pm
If you are in a job you love with people you enjoy being with, time just flies by and you don't keep track of the hours.
My first job was 37.5...
September 8, 2006 at 2:20 am
Viewing 15 posts - 2,326 through 2,340 (of 3,717 total)