Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

  • RE: The odd R sequence

    I was assuming the "=" missing was a typo (which is so common here).

  • RE: Encrypting the data

    Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:46 AM

    I understand your complaints. However, despite deprecation, I can use Triple...

  • RE: Encrypting the data

    The answer is AES_128 | AES_192 | AES_256 ONLY for 2016. To use the Triple_Des you have to drop the compatibility level of the database below the 2016 (130) version....

  • RE: Vertical Blocks of Code

    sknox - Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:52 PM

    Bobby Russell - Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:20 AM

  • RE: Vertical Blocks of Code

    The only way using alt alone works is with the mouse which you shouldn't be using with short cuts anyway. Defeats the whole purpose. alt+arrow moves objects in the code....

  • RE: Round averages

    The answer is not correct. 9.0 is not 9.000000. The precision is different. 😀

  • RE: Will It Compress?

    I missed it for a different reason. I was guessing he intended sparse column so I knew it wouldn't compress but the statement isn't the cause of the error. The...

  • RE: Service pack info

    I checked the correct answer, was told it was the correct answer, but was told my answer was wrong. :/

  • RE: Stretch Database Datatype Limitations

    Got told I was wrong again for the right answer. +1

  • RE: More Unicode

    I always look forward to being told I'm wrong for giving the correct answer. Someone fix this QotD please.

  • RE: TRY_CONVERT smaller

    I took the error answer since it could have been either that one or '2' depending on which version of SQL server you are running on. When there are two...

  • RE: Altering Included Indexes

    Answer 4 is NOT as correct answer as that column doesn't exist. 🙂

  • RE: More wildcard searches

    Selected 5, told I was wrong. The correct answer is 4. Then told all results are returned.

    QTF?

  • RE: Renaming

    You didn't really say "named instance" in the question. You said "known as". Why would you place a named instance on a single instance server?

  • RE: Column aliases

    Steve,

    The "correct answer" is incorrect depending upon how you define 'different'.

    The 'correct answer' is incorrect depending upon how you define "different".

    The 'correct answer' is incorrect depending upon how you define...

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)