Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
Check out Gail Shaw's Dirty Dozen presentation from her blog, SQL In The Wild.
You'll see that using a date function in the WHERE like that will actually...
August 14, 2009 at 4:59 pm
I have listed the results of running your query against existing Claims data containing
35923 records, below. I have added a WHERE clause to restrict the values to 2006...
August 6, 2009 at 7:48 am
Jeff, thanks for your patronizing complements... Just kidding. I sincerely thank you. I received some helpful replies particularly Nigel's.
Nigel, this is an excellent solution....
August 5, 2009 at 9:51 am
I tried your second solution on 35923 records but I added the
HAVING clause to restrict the rows to 2006 and 2007 with this:
HAVING YEAR(theDay) > 2005 AND YEAR(theDay) < 2008...
August 5, 2009 at 9:14 am
Ok, Jeff here is some data and the code I have used to accomplish the result I need. For 10
records this is no problem, but I found out yesterday...
August 5, 2009 at 7:41 am
I have come up with a solution that works, but I don't like it. 🙂
What I have done is use the above tally solution and have used...
August 4, 2009 at 11:50 am
Thanks for your response. I have read Jeff's article before. I hadn't started down the tally table road for this problem. You're right on with using...
August 4, 2009 at 9:54 am
As it turns out this is a bug in landscape reports. I removed all the elements on my page and left only a table in the body and a...
July 7, 2009 at 10:01 am
Well, I solved my own problem. I needed to make the @sort not allow blanks. Once I did this, it worked as expected!
May 21, 2009 at 9:58 am
So, I'm interested to hear the conclusion of this matter. Peter seems to have picked up on a way to extract more out of the tally table method. ...
May 9, 2009 at 6:03 pm
Say it ain't so. This is the first I've heard a set based solution losing to RBAR.
I don't have the desire to check right now, but what about using a...
April 13, 2009 at 7:20 am
Thanks for your input. I have gone ahead and created parameters to store my hard coded values. So, I have a lot of parameters, it's not that big...
February 24, 2009 at 3:06 pm
Ok, I figured out the problem. The issue was I have more than one dataset created by the same stored procedure using the same parameter name @myParam. The...
February 24, 2009 at 8:21 am
See my above post, I had edited it instead of creating a new post by mistake.
I've never used profiler to look at a report, but I could try.
February 24, 2009 at 7:33 am
There's no error, but the dataset simply doesn't populate. The stored procedure I'm using creates a dataset which I am trying to use as a dropdown for the...
February 24, 2009 at 7:21 am