Cascading Parameters Problem

• Hi all,

I have the following problem. I have the following three parameters that I want to cascade because the business requirements say to do so. The top level parameter is @Format (containing the values Text, Bar Graph, and Pie Chart). The second level parameter is @Group (containing the values Organization, Area, and SubjectMatter). The third level parameter is @sort (containing the values Organization, Area, and SubjectMatter).

This scheme is actually not the whole story but it complicates things if I were to add it in above. There are parameters for @Organization, @Area, and @Subject Matter that are passed in the report through a url. These parameters are optional and their selection come from a Web Application. If the user has chosen to search by @Organization in the app then the Parameter value @Organization is not Null. If not chosen the @Organization value is null. The idea is Organization the value should not appear in the @Group or @sort dropdowns as a value to select if the user has searched by organization already.

The only other wrinkle is if the user selects a value for @Format other than Text then the Group and Sort parameters should be N/A.

Now, here's my problem. The @sort Parameter's Dropdown is showing a blank space when I include logic of this variety in the Report Parameters' Label and Value fields for Sort:

=IIF(Parameters!Format.Value ="Text" AND Parameters!Group.Value <> "Organization" AND Parameters!CreatorKey.Value IS NOTHING, "Organization","")

I have similar logic in the Group Parameters' Label and Value fields:

=IIF(Parameters!Format.Value ="T" AND Parameters!CreatorKey.Value IS NOTHING, "R","")

Yet this logic doesn't produce a space it simply removes it from the list.

Any help anyone can be on this topic would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

• Well, I solved my own problem. I needed to make the @sort not allow blanks. Once I did this, it worked as expected!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply