Viewing 15 posts - 5,296 through 5,310 (of 7,185 total)
Marc
I've never used a Lookup transformation, but if you look at the editor, you'll see at the top that it "enables simple equi-joins". My guess is that this means...
June 13, 2011 at 7:01 am
2. I'm still not sure what you mean. If my original reply didn't answer your question, please say what you don't understand or what further information you need.
4....
June 13, 2011 at 4:53 am
Marc
It's very difficult to visualise this. Please will you show us what the structure of your databases table(s) and text file(s) looks like?
Thanks
John
June 13, 2011 at 4:04 am
I think you need to use the PIVOT statement (or you can achieve the same with a series of CASE expressions). Have a read about that and post back...
June 13, 2011 at 3:56 am
From the sparse information you've given, a linked server or a dataflow task in SSIS seem to be what you need. Please provide more details of what you're trying...
June 13, 2011 at 3:36 am
1. I don't know. You could find out for yourself by creating a user and making it a member of both roles.
2. Not sure what you mean here....
June 13, 2011 at 3:28 am
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're trying to do. The statement you have posted will return just one column, but you appear to want to return at...
June 13, 2011 at 3:19 am
Well, yes - but only if such a group exists. By default, all members of the local Administrators group have full access to SQL Server (at least they did...
June 13, 2011 at 3:09 am
Speak to whoever is sysadmin on SQL server and ask them to grant it to you.
John
June 13, 2011 at 2:56 am
DV
I haven't tried this myself, but you could try casting as the various date data types and see if one of those gives the date portion only. Failing that,...
June 10, 2011 at 8:55 am
Brandie Tarvin (6/10/2011)
John Mitchell-245523 (6/10/2011)
I think if you look in the Variables window, you'll see the value for the variable the last time the package was loaded.
That is an...
June 10, 2011 at 8:34 am
DV
I think if you look in the Variables window, you'll see the value for the variable the last time the package was loaded. If you know a bit of...
June 10, 2011 at 8:02 am
Brandie Tarvin (6/10/2011)
June 10, 2011 at 7:25 am
DV
Please will you post DDL and a sample of data for the CurrPeriod table.
Thanks
John
June 10, 2011 at 7:05 am
WITH NewOrders AS ( -- change prices here as required
SELECT 10 AS orderTotalPrice UNION ALL
SELECT 20 UNION ALL
SELECT 30 UNION ALL
SELECT 40
)
INSERT INTO [Order] (
orderId
,orderCustomerId
,orderTotalPrice
)
SELECT
NEWID()
,c.customerId
,n.orderTotalPrice
FROM
Customer c
CROSS JOIN
NewOrders n
-- Check...
June 10, 2011 at 6:59 am
Viewing 15 posts - 5,296 through 5,310 (of 7,185 total)