The Beer Cooler Thread

• anthony.green (7/10/2012)

I had a couple of pints of St Austell's Tribute on Saturday, that was a good tasting ale

http://www.staustellbrewery.co.uk/beers/cask-beers.html

This weekend is the Tewkesbury Medieval Festival[/url] where our band of brothers (and sisters) have made merry for several years running. We camp at the rugby club courtesy of one of our members who used to play for the town, and the they have sportingly bought in a couple of barrels of Tribute just for us. Last year the single barrel evaporated or something.

[font="Arial"]Low-hanging fruit picker and defender of the moggies[/font]

For better assistance in answering your questions, please read this[/url].

Understanding and using APPLY, (I)[/url] and (II)[/url] Paul White[/url]

Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins[/url] / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url] Jeff Moden[/url]

• This weekend I'll be trying out the "Chouffe Dobbelen IPA tripel". 9% alcohol, type Indian Pale Ale.

Was nominated as one of the best belgian beers (top 18 of 210 contestants) by a professional jury.

Seems nice 🙂

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Can you ship some to the UK for us please? Reading them reviews after a quick Google, sounds right up my street.

• Can you ship some to the UK for us please? Reading them reviews after a quick Google, sounds right up my street.

Yep - I would be up for some of that action as well! 😀

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

• I can recommend Select Star ale from Redgate, as served at SQL in the City on Friday. I think it's made in a brewery in Essex that I hadn't heard of. As well as the fine beer that was on offer at the drinks reception, I'm delighted to report that no cold fizzy lager was served. Congratulations on your exquisite taste, Redgate!

John

• This could be a new side line business for Redgate, I'm sure that SQL Pun beers like that would go down very well with the community.

I have to take my hat off to Stuart for the Innis & Gunn's recommendation, that was a nice beer, reminded me of Old Spek Hen, but without the strong finish, going to see if I can find that by the case load somewhere for the camping trip at the end of the month.

• Yes, and the name of the beer wasn't the only pun. There was something in the description about COUNTing the DISTICT flavours, and so on.

Don't get me started on Old Speckled Hen - it's not the same pint since it was taken over by Greene King, so much so that I totally avoid it now. I used to test whether the bar staff knew anything about the beer they served by asking for a pint of Hen. Sometimes they passed the test, sometimes they looked at me with a blank expression!

John

• Wasn't aware of the take over, have to say I dont drink it quite as religously as I used to, switched more to the ginger beers like Crabbies and GingerBeard at the moment, but if not already I would recommend Innis & Gunn's, only a 330ml bottle in Asda for £1.95 (I think it was) but worth it.

• Anyone know where you can purchase Innis & Gunn's by the case load?

Looked at the local cash and carries but they dont stock it.

• The smaller breweries around my area will sell you a minipin (like a wine box but much nicer as its full of beer obviously), give them a call and see if they will do that 🙂

• SQLDBA360 (7/19/2012)

The smaller breweries around my area will sell you a minipin (like a wine box but much nicer as its full of beer obviously), give them a call and see if they will do that 🙂

I wish I had a service like this over here. (Redmond)

• Went to a different Makro this weekend and they had the three main Innis & Gunn's by the case load, so I picked up an original and a blonde, left the Rum finish as it seems a little dark for my liking and also not a lover of rum.

The weekend in Wales is going to be a good one.

• Just got back from vacation (5400mile motorcycle trip) and had a Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout in New Orleans that was very good.

• I'm not a beer connoisseur and don't care for the small batch gourmet stuff. When I drink beer, I'm either drinking Miller High Life.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Eric M Russell (7/25/2012)

I'm not a beer connoisseur and don't care for the small batch gourmet stuff. When I drink beer, I'm either drinking Miller High Life.

Or? Your statement indicates that you may drink something other than Miller High Life.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 169 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply