Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,161 through 2,175 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Hey, guys, we have a language conversion question over here. Can anyone assist with this?

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Help with persmissions and server roles

    Glad we could help. Let us know how it goes.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    jasona.work (11/20/2015)


    So, it's looking like we're going to get our first snow of the year tomorrow night or so...

    3-6", and it looks like they're predicting it'll be that nasty rain...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Nothing like staying up late two nights in a row to do releases, get called back ten minutes after the second release to be told I forgot to move scripts,...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Phil Parkin (11/20/2015)


    There are many more but, just to wet the appetite for other possibilities...

    Sounds a bit too damp for my liking. 'Whet' is the word I think you were...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: windows user not login to SQL?

    SQL Galaxy (11/20/2015)


    Pl. correct me, if I am wrong comments.

    That windows login already have sysadmin permission then no need to mapping any database that user.

    Thanks

    You are not wrong. Usually.

    There...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Luis Cazares (11/19/2015)


    Brandie Tarvin (11/19/2015)


    Bah. I thought I was being clever, but I have an error I can't find.

    I made the code work by adding 4 characters in different parts...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Bah. I thought I was being clever, but I have an error I can't find.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    HA!

    DECLARE @CurrentTime DATETIME, @TallyCount INT, @Adhoc_SQL NVARCHAR(50);

    DECLARE Time_Cursor CURSOR FOR

    SELECT DISTINCT N FROM dbo.Tally WHERE N < 500

    -- Open Cursor of Users

    OPEN Time_Cursor

    FETCH NEXT FROM

    Time_Cursor

    INTO

    @TallyCount

    -- ...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Luis Cazares (11/19/2015)


    jasona.work (11/19/2015)


    I was going to post this over in Steve's call for Good Basic T-SQL Exercises but decided not to pollute the topic with fluff...

    So I'm posting it...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: windows user not login to SQL?

    Sounds like an orphaned user to me. Check the database level security and the server level security in the GUI. Remove the database level security, then go to the server...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Help with persmissions and server roles

    Is this in production or a non-prod environment?

    If production, you might want to have a discussion with your boss about the issues of giving DB create permissions in a production...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Strange Replication issue - trying to find root cause

    You may never find an issue to this answer. Sometimes Replication just stops.

    The first places to check, though, would be the error logs (for any weird warnings or errors) and...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Sean Lange (11/18/2015)


    Jack Corbett (11/18/2015)


    Phil Parkin (11/18/2015)


    Jack Corbett (11/18/2015)


    Remember, it is not about winning or losing because everyone is a winner if they try their best...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Both principal and mirror down

    When the witness does not exist and the primary goes down, I believe mirroring will be broken and you have to manually make the mirror DB the primary.

    I know when...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,161 through 2,175 (of 9,728 total)