xp_logininfo Return Value

• Can someone point out what I’m doing wrong in trying to get a return value from the xp_logininfo.

My Code is as follows:

ALTER procedure Prog_Logins

(@Account as Varchar (50))

as

Declare @jobstep varchar(128)

Set Nocount ON

Create Table #LoginsRead (

[accountname] varchar(55),

type varchar(25),

privilege varchar (25),

[mappedloginname] varchar (66),

[permissionpath] varchar(66))

select @jobstep = 'Domain\DB Read'

insert into # LoginsRead ([accountname],type,privilege,[mappedloginname],[permissionpath])

EXEC master..xp_logininfo @acctname = @account,@option = 'members'

Declare @Read int

Set @Read=(Select Count(AccountName) from #LoginsRead Where accountname=@Account)

Print @Read

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create Table #LoginsWrite (

type varchar(25),

privilege varchar (25),

select @jobstep = 'Domain\DB Write'

insert into #LoginsWrite([accountname],type,privilege,[mappedloginname],[permissionpath])

EXEC master..xp_logininfo @acctname = @account,@option = 'members'

Declare @write int

Set @write =(Select Count(AccountName) from #LoginsWrite Where accountname= @account)

Select write =@write + 1

Print @write

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create Table #Admin (

type varchar(25),

privilege varchar (25),

select @jobstep = 'BuiltIn\Administrators'

insert into #Admin ([accountname],type,privilege,[mappedloginname],[permissionpath])

EXEC master..xp_logininfo @acctname = 'BuiltIn\Administrators',@option = 'members'

Declare @admin-2 int

Set @admin-2=(Select Count(AccountName) from #Admin Where accountname=@Account)

Select Admin = @admin-2 + 2

Print @admin-2

Declare @ReturnValue int

--Count the ints

-- 0 = no access

-- 1 = read only

-- 2 = full access

-->4 = Admin

Select @ReturnValue= @Read + @write + @admin-2

Return @ReturnValue

Print @ReturnValue

Drop table #LoginsRead

Drop table #LoginsWrite

Drop table #Admin

• Well, what are you expecting to get back?  For starters, it appears that you have a typo in your @write tally in the line: Select write =@write + 1.  Shouldn't this be Select @write =@write + 1 (you left the at sign off your write variable)?

John Rowan

======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Well, what are you expecting to get back?  For starters, it appears that you have a typo in your @write tally in the line: Select write =@write + 1.  Shouldn't this be Select @write =@write + 1 (you left the at sign off your write variable)?

John Rowan

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

John Rowan

John Rowan

• Wow, sorry about the multi-post.  My PC blinked on me and it posted multiple times as I was still typing. 

Anyhow, if my above suggestion does not help, please post a more detailed description of why it is not working as you would like and maybe some examples on what you are expecting. 

John Rowan

• Thanks for the feedback. I did forget to put the "@" before my variable. I also found out that I could not pass back the return variable during a calculation. I had to use:

Set @login = @ENGRead + @write + @admin-2

Select @ReturnValue =@Login

Return @ReturnValue

I'm using this to pull users from a AD group in SQL, then adding up the integers for specific rights they are supposed to have.

Thanks

CY

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply