Woohoo MCTS passed

• I must say, if I had known how easy that test was, I'd have taken it a long time ago.

Still 1 down.... MCITP is on Friday. πŸ™‚

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• congrats

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Congratulations!

Study hard for the MCITP, it's quite a different beast. SQLRNNR has a great study guide[/url] if you're not already using it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• Well done Mark πŸ™‚

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Got the MCITP today. Honestly, I found it easier than the MCTS. Probably because it required a little bit more reasoning, and less rote memorization. I found a good number of questions I could answer by thinking "what would I do with my server if I had this?" and answering that way.

The biggest lesson I cam away with after countless hours of taking Transcender exams and reading what I got wrong was, if you can consistently score about 65% or better on a Transcender or other form of practice test, you're ready to take the real thing.

I found all the practice exams to be far more difficult and thought provoking than the actual test.

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• Congrats Mark!

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• mtassin (7/13/2012)

Got the MCITP today. Honestly, I found it easier than the MCTS. Probably because it required a little bit more reasoning, and less rote memorization. I found a good number of questions I could answer by thinking "what would I do with my server if I had this?" and answering that way.

The biggest lesson I cam away with after countless hours of taking Transcender exams and reading what I got wrong was, if you can consistently score about 65% or better on a Transcender or other form of practice test, you're ready to take the real thing.

I found all the practice exams to be far more difficult and thought provoking than the actual test.

congrats.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Congrats....its party time now πŸ™‚

--rhythmk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    To post your question use below link

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/forum-etiquette-how-to-post-datacode-on-a-forum-to-get-the-best-help
    πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply