Winrar error message makes SSIS package hangs

• Greetings and happy new year to you all!

I have a SQL Agent Job which runs a couple of SSIS packages that's given me a new problem to think about!

Basically part of the process is to download a .rar file from a remote ftp server, unzip it then import it into SQL. This has been running fine for weeks, however, there appears to be a problem with the latest file that's causing my SSIS to hang. Please see the below screenshot for details:

My execute process task looks like this:

Is there a way to turn off the error message so the job continues to the send email notification?

---------------------------------------------------------

It takes a minimal capacity for rational thought to see that the corporate 'free press' is a structurally irrational and biased, and extremely violent, system of elite propaganda.
    David Edwards - Media lens[/url]

Society has varying and conflicting interests; what is called objectivity is the disguise of one of these interests - that of neutrality. But neutrality is a fiction in an unneutral world. There are victims, there are executioners, and there are bystanders... and the 'objectivity' of the bystander calls for inaction while other heads fall.
    Howard Zinn

• Have you tried using the command line version of WinRAR, so that it does not generate an error dialog box?

Using the WinRAR Command-line tools in Windows

http://comptb.cects.com/2503-using-the-winrar-command-line-tools-in-windows

• Thanks Michael, I will try your suggestion and let you know.

---------------------------------------------------------

It takes a minimal capacity for rational thought to see that the corporate 'free press' is a structurally irrational and biased, and extremely violent, system of elite propaganda.
    David Edwards - Media lens[/url]

Society has varying and conflicting interests; what is called objectivity is the disguise of one of these interests - that of neutrality. But neutrality is a fiction in an unneutral world. There are victims, there are executioners, and there are bystanders... and the 'objectivity' of the bystander calls for inaction while other heads fall.
    Howard Zinn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply