Will it be possible to get SQL 2016 Developer Edition?

• In today's (December 8, 2015) newsletter there's an article referenced from the MSDN articles on de-normalizing database schema's using JSON that will be a part of SQL Server 2016. As I understand it, at the time I'm writing this question SQL Server 2016 is still in beta. When it is released I'd like to get a copy of it as SQL Server 2016 Developer Edition. That article in MSDN really has me intrigued. I want to play around with JSON in SQL Server, see what it's like, etc. Honestly I can hardly wait.

So is SQL Server 2016 going to be available in a Developer Edition? And when is it likely to drop?

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• The Developer Edition should be available when the product is completely released. Right now, you want to use the CTP version which is a free preview for evaluation.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • According to this MSDN page a Developer edition will again be available for SQL 2016.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144275.aspx

• Why don't you download a CTP now and play with it?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (12/9/2015)

Why don't you download a CTP now and play with it?

Didn't know I could. 😛

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• SQL 2016 Developer Edition is now FREE when you sign up for "Visual Studio Dev Essential Users":

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/dataplatforminsider/2016/03/31/microsoft-sql-server-developer-edition-is-now-free/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply