Why do cloud companies (in particular) have massive SKOs every year?

• Can any enlightened cloud industry folk let me know why enterprise tech companies - particularly those cloudy ones - LOVE having a big, massive, expensive Sales Kick Off event every year where they rent out some ritzy event hall and fly in their teams from around the world?

It seems like a very flashy way to get the point across that 'we'd like you to sell a lot of things this year'.

• kusatvaky wrote:

Can any enlightened cloud industry folk let me know why enterprise tech companies - particularly those cloudy ones - LOVE having a big, massive, expensive Sales Kick Off event every year where they rent out some ritzy event hall and fly in their teams from around the world?

It seems like a very flashy way to get the point across that 'we'd like you to sell a lot of things this year'.

This post seems like a prelude to spam.  That, notwithstanding, the answer is, because they can.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Heh... what'd I tell ya?  Prelude to SPAM. 😀

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• Hello this is Gulshan Negi

Well, cloud companies have massive SKOs every year to launch new products, update existing products, align and train the sales team, motivate and recognize top performers, and ensure that the sales team is fully equipped to sell the company's products and services effectively. These events provide a platform for the company to communicate its goals and strategies, provide training and incentives, and create a sense of motivation and camaraderie among the sales team.

I hope it is clear now.

Thanks

• That's a great answer, Gulshan.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply