Who's afraid of Gila Monsters?

• Grant Fritchey (4/13/2011)

ChrisM@home (4/13/2011)

CirquedeSQLeil (4/13/2011)

Grant Fritchey (4/13/2011)

Teh Gila Monster has teh big scares on me and makes me afeared fer me woefully inadequate sexual equipment.

*cough*

That should help.

Don't you have to turn your head first.

man now I have the "Three Amigos" stuck in my head!

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• Dan.Humphries (4/13/2011)

ChrisM@home (4/13/2011)

Teh Gila Monster has teh big scares on me and makes me afeared fer me woefully inadequate sexual equipment.

*cough*

That should help.

man now I have the "Three Amigos" stuck in my head!

It is a mail plane.

How do you know?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Grant Fritchey (4/13/2011)

ChrisM@home (4/13/2011)

*cough*

That should help.

If you can do it discretely, yes.

[font="Arial"]Low-hanging fruit picker and defender of the moggies[/font]

For better assistance in answering your questions, please read this[/url].

Understanding and using APPLY, (I)[/url] and (II)[/url] Paul White[/url]

Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins[/url] / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url] Jeff Moden[/url]

• mtillman-921105 (4/13/2011)

Gila Monsters - the critters, not Gail, have a strange defense. Rather than a venom per se, their mouths are so full of bacteria and basically nasty that their bite is poisonous. They're not known to brush or floss much and kill / maim their victims by a sheer lack of personal hygiene. :sick:

The illness from their bite may take time to work, but they can wait for their kill.

Hmm, what I said about gila monsters (not Gail!) venom may be wrong. :angry: I saw a documentary on them and distinctly remembered that the claim was made that they don't really have venom per se. But based on what I've read on the intertubes, that's wrong. So don't trust documentaries alone! I should have known.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

• Does this topic have a purpose?

Anyway, I think Gila Monsters are warm and cuddly.

• Michael Valentine Jones (4/13/2011)

Does this topic have a purpose?

No.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

mtillman-921105 (4/13/2011)

Gila Monsters - the critters, not Gail, have a strange defense. Rather than a venom per se, their mouths are so full of bacteria and basically nasty that their bite is poisonous. They're not known to brush or floss much and kill / maim their victims by a sheer lack of personal hygiene. :sick:

The illness from their bite may take time to work, but they can wait for their kill.

Hmm, what I said about gila monsters (not Gail!) venom may be wrong. :angry: I saw a documentary on them and distinctly remembered that the claim was made that they don't really have venom per se. But based on what I've read on the intertubes, that's wrong. So don't trust documentaries alone! I should have known.

You're thinking of the Komodo Dragon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_dragon

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• GilaMonster (4/13/2011)

Michael Valentine Jones (4/13/2011)

Does this topic have a purpose?

No.

Pah! Spoken like someone without a Gila Monster Avatar! How could you?! (ducks the tomatoes)

Amusement and entertainment. What else could be the best use of a random thread? 😎

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Craig Farrell (4/13/2011)You're thinking of the Komodo Dragon.

Craig, you're probably right! Then it was my fault, not the documentary's. I should have looked it up before relying on my faulty memory.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

Craig Farrell (4/13/2011)You're thinking of the Komodo Dragon.

Craig, you're probably right! Then it was my fault, not the documentary's. I should have looked it up before relying on my faulty memory.

Komodo Dragon = not warm and cuddly

Editor stable after attack by Komodo dragon

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2001/06/11/MN204069.DTL

"...Bronstein was recovering from a bizarre incident during which a Komodo dragon chomped on his foot Saturday when the editor was on a private tour of the Los Angeles Zoo with his wife, actress Sharon Stone..."

Gila monsters and the closely related beaded lizards generate a haemotoxic venom in modified salivary glands in the lower jaw.

The Komodo Dragon has a mouthful of bacterial warfare, capable of bringing down a water buffalo in a day or two from sepsis. NG have this on film, broadcast in the UK earlier this year. At least this documentary appears to back up current understanding (see Wikipedia entry).

Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins[/url] / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url] Jeff Moden[/url]

• ChrisM@home (4/13/2011)

Gila monsters and the closely related beaded lizards generate a haemotoxic venom in modified salivary glands in the lower jaw.

The Komodo Dragon has a mouthful of bacterial warfare, capable of bringing down a water buffalo in a day or two from sepsis. NG have this on film, broadcast in the UK earlier this year. At least this documentary appears to back up current understanding (see Wikipedia entry).

Want to know the funniest line I read about them? Here is what to do if one bites you:

"When bitten, it is important to disengage the lizard as soon as possible."

:laugh:

ChrisM@home (4/13/2011)

Want to know the funniest line I read about them? Here is what to do if one bites you:

"When bitten, it is important to disengage the lizard as soon as possible."

:laugh:

Reading a nice book to the upset lizard may help to quiet him.

• The Gila Monster seems to be provoked most readily by infractions of intellectual property, Non Disclosure Agreements and the use / proliferation of braindumps.

• Chris Houghton (4/26/2011)

The Gila Monster seems to be provoked most readily by infractions of intellectual property, Non Disclosure Agreements and the use / proliferation of braindumps.

Those are solid methods to get the GilaMonster riled up - along with several other people.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply