Who's afraid of Gila Monsters?

• Who's afraid of Gila Monsters? Do you fear poisonous lizards?

EDIT: there seems to be no way to edit poll answers, so I think you will have to cope with my dyslexia.:blush:

-- Gianluca Sartori

• According to some websites, they are not dangerous unless you provoke them. And that also goes up for the lizards 😉

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• *Hiss*

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Gila Monsters they makes me skeered. Theys youngers then me and more informed. I don'ts likes the Gila monsters. I feels inadequates!

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• If they are provoked into an attack, then they bite swiftly and hard, chewing the venom into the punctured, ravaged flesh of their tormentor, releasing only when the shocked victim is submissive and compliant - or dead. Victims of these savage maulings don't often die from a Gail Gila attack but they learn never to provoke again.

Quite right too.

[font="Arial"]Low-hanging fruit picker and defender of the moggies[/font]

For better assistance in answering your questions, please read this[/url].

Understanding and using APPLY, (I)[/url] and (II)[/url] Paul White[/url]

Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins[/url] / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url] Jeff Moden[/url]

• Teh Gila Monster has teh big scares on me and makes me afeared fer me woefully inadequate sexual equipment.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Darn you... darn you all... Once again I spilled coffee all over the key board and it is dripping through my nose... 😀

-Roy

• I am very afraid of Gila Monsters when they have spotted poor indexing! 😉

-Ki

• Gila Monsters - the critters, not Gail, have a strange defense. Rather than a venum per se, their mouths are so full of bacteria and basicsally nasty that their bite is poisenous. They're not known to brush or floss much and kill / maim their victums by a sheer lack of personal hygiene. :sick:

The illness from their bite may take time to work, but they can wait for their kill.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

• Seeing as how in the grand state of IL I have an extremly low chance of actually encountering one I can say I have never given thought to weather I would or would not be scared of them. Now Politicians from IL they scare the crap out of me. Will Blago ever go away?

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• Dan.Humphries (4/13/2011)

Now Politicians from IL they scare the crap out of me. Will Blago ever go away?

Swap yours for mine? http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Politics/The-revolution-is-on-trial-Malema-20110412

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Grant Fritchey (4/13/2011)

Teh Gila Monster has teh big scares on me and makes me afeared fer me woefully inadequate sexual equipment.

*cough*

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Roy Ernest (4/13/2011)

Darn you... darn you all... Once again I spilled coffee all over the key board and it is dripping through my nose... 😀

I am invoking internet rule 32 on that one.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (4/13/2011)

Grant Fritchey (4/13/2011)

Teh Gila Monster has teh big scares on me and makes me afeared fer me woefully inadequate sexual equipment.

*cough*

That should help.

[font="Arial"]Low-hanging fruit picker and defender of the moggies[/font]

For better assistance in answering your questions, please read this[/url].

Understanding and using APPLY, (I)[/url] and (II)[/url] Paul White[/url]

Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins[/url] / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url] Jeff Moden[/url]

• ChrisM@home (4/13/2011)

CirquedeSQLeil (4/13/2011)

Grant Fritchey (4/13/2011)

*cough*

That should help.

Don't you have to turn your head first.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply