Where are you?

• John Rowan (9/20/2010)

Yes, we have Omaha steaks...and in the airport too. Don't get me wrong, Omaha steaks has good steaks, but I don't think they can compete with an actual steak house in Omaha.

I just drove through Sioux Falls yesterday (and Friday). I went up to Miller, SD this weekend for a pheasant hunt with a bunch of good friends (business partners actually). I make it up there quite often for some business expansion on with some marketing projects that I'm working on outside of my day job.

Yes, I'm quoting my own post...just wanted to add to it.

As far as SD is concerned.....Dakota Expeditions in Miller serves up some amazing down home cooking. They make amazing biscuits and gravy and their strawberry shortcake is incredible.

John Rowan

======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Brandie Tarvin (9/20/2010)

John Rowan (9/20/2010)

Yes, we have Omaha steaks...and in the airport too. Don't get me wrong, Omaha steaks has good steaks, but I don't think they can compete with an actual steak house in Omaha.

The difference between Omaha Steaks and most of the local steakhouses, though, is Omaha Steaks ages their meat, which gives it a different flavor.

Yes, and they have a huge on-line business. I think they do the vast majority of their sales on-line.

When you come back to visit Omaha, what restaurant do you look forward to the most?

John Rowan

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Dammit, it's not lunch yet, thanks guys.

Maybe not for you. I've already finished my lunch!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• John Rowan (9/20/2010)

When you come back to visit Omaha, what restaurant do you look forward to the most?

There are several. I miss Grandmother's. That was a wonderful place... too bad it closed down.

Next on the list? Venice Inn.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• I'm hoping to get out to Omaha. Sounds like a good place for a SQL event... πŸ˜‰

• Steve Jones - Editor (9/20/2010)

I'm hoping to get out to Omaha. Sounds like a good place for a SQL event... πŸ˜‰

Good location, central to about anywhere in the mid-west. Let me know when you're comming, SQL event or not.

John Rowan

• Steve Jones - Editor (9/20/2010)

I'm hoping to get out to Omaha. Sounds like a good place for a SQL event... πŸ˜‰

If there's a SQL event there, I'm so a part of it. I'll come in early, leave late, spend some time with old friends and new. @=)

I can even give hiking tours of Fontienelle Forest (might have spelled that wrong), the Old Market, etc. Wonderful place.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• John Rowan (9/20/2010)

Steve Jones - Editor (9/20/2010)

Good location, central to about anywhere in the mid-west. Let me know when you're comming, SQL event or not.

Actually, central to about anywhere in the US, and easy to get to by land (I-29 and I-80) or air. Sioux Falls is, too, but we're just enough smaller (about 150,000) that we don't get as much convention business and generally cost more to fly into/out of. They are trying to change that, but I've used the Omaha airport most of the times I've taken a trip.

• Houston, TX. The Energy and Humidity Capital of the World

• Fremantle, Western Australia 😎

We are the pilgrims, master.
    We shall go always, a little further.
  • GilaMonster (1/12/2010)

Johannesburg, South Africa. For anyone who's geography a little weak, that's at the southern end of the African continent.

Yes, we have electricity and internet (most of the time), we don't ride elephants and lions don't wander the streets.

πŸ˜€

Ouch, Joburg... Cape Town is much nicer πŸ˜€ Used to work for Woolworths in SA. Then moved to London, UK and now I am based in Zurich Switzerland :w00t:

I take it you get asked about the elephants and lions all the time πŸ˜‰ that and do you live in a "hut"?

• jamec9869 (9/30/2010)

I'm from Los Angeles, California. Hi! I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thank

You say that now but just you wait!!! πŸ˜‰

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• Suffolk

England

(UK)

• juliekenny (10/5/2010)

Suffolk

England

(UK)

St Peter's brewery! Nice!

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Chris Morris-439714 (10/6/2010)

juliekenny (10/5/2010)

Suffolk

England

(UK)

St Peter's brewery! Nice!

So whose towns have the best brew-pubs?

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply