What was that field name?

• I'm afraid the answer is wrong, there is no intellisense in Query Analyzer. That product was replaced by SQL Server Management Studio.

The SQL Guy @ blogspot[/url]

@SeanPearceSQL

About Me[/url]

• Cool feature. I'd never noticed that before.

• Didn't know about the Alt + F1, thanks for the comments. Currently I find the IntelliSense to more annoying than helpful, so I turned it off.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• I didn't know that. That is really cool, thanks for this tip!

Rod

• Nice question, Thanks for sharing!!

• Nice question.

I missed it because the intelisense didn't work. It doesn't work always and I don't know why.

However, got something new, even though I use aliases in such cases.

Igor Micev,My blog: www.igormicev.com

• I got this right... but in truth the select statement is the correct answer because this question mentions Query Analyzer, which is a SQL 2000 and earlier tool. SSMS is the correct tool name now and has been for almost 10 years. I wonder if Query Analyzer can even connect to SQL 2008 SP3, and I'm pretty sure Intellisense wasn't part of it in either case.

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• Hany Helmy (8/6/2014)

Easy, another fast way (but maybe not the fastest), just highlight the table then press Alt + F1 will give you all table structure, definition, columns names, data types, Identity fields (if any) and lot more.

Now THIS is new to me. Thanks for the info.

I agree with others that this would have been a better answer to the question.

---------------
    Mel. 😎

• SqlMel (8/20/2014)

Hany Helmy (8/6/2014)

Easy, another fast way (but maybe not the fastest), just highlight the table then press Alt + F1 will give you all table structure, definition, columns names, data types, Identity fields (if any) and lot more.

Now THIS is new to me. Thanks for the info.

I agree with others that this would have been a better answer to the question.

Also you can create one of your own SP, or use/bind the system SP to the list of shortcuts, under Tools/Options/Environment (node in the tree)/Keyboard.

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply