What should I be doing with my points?

• 440692 I am just a number (5/10/2011)

Pouliot Philippe (5/9/2011)

Michael Valentine Jones (4/27/2011)

You can use them on most major airlines for free upgrades to DBA class.

Just ask at the ticket counter when you check in.

Nice. How many point need for this upgrade ?

I'm not sure it is worth the points. THe only difference I noticed was at checkin the scan was replaced with a seek

Be careful asking for this upgrade. You might get marked for truncation in the TSA lines. They're using the randomizer component of DBCC Timewarp().

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (5/10/2011)

440692 I am just a number (5/10/2011)

Pouliot Philippe (5/9/2011)

Michael Valentine Jones (4/27/2011)

You can use them on most major airlines for free upgrades to DBA class.

Just ask at the ticket counter when you check in.

Nice. How many point need for this upgrade ?

I'm not sure it is worth the points. THe only difference I noticed was at checkin the scan was replaced with a seek

Be careful asking for this upgrade. You might get marked for truncation in the TSA lines. They're using the randomizer component of DBCC Timewarp().

But if you decide not to ask for the upgrade, be sure to pack your points in the hold baggage; otherwise they will be confiscated at the pre-boarding security check, like all other pointy things.

Tom

• Brandie Tarvin (4/29/2011)

Oh, no! I almost forgot. The big grand prize for the points redemption is a Flying Porkchop Flinger.

Save those points, boys and girls. It takes a couple of million of them to earn the FPF.

That's only the kiddie edition of the FPF... it won't allow you to leave the bone in for prelaunch.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I remember the days when it was possible to look at the anwer for yesterday's QotD, change the querystring (subtract 1) to get back to it again, then answer it correctly.

Of course, I never did this myself - that would be wrong - but a friend told me about this. :Whistling:

• Maybe we could exchange them for a 59 millisecond journey across the altantic on the Hibernian Express

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/8753784/The-300m-cable-that-will-save-traders-milliseconds.html

-- edited the link

-- sorry, I just can not get that link thing to work

-- Thank you Gail

• http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/8753784/The-300m-cable-that-will-save-traders-milliseconds.html

(quote the post if you want to see how to get links working properly.)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply