What is Data Cleansing and what is the importance of Data cleansing for B2B

• Hello

Recently when I was talking to my friends I came to know about data cleansing, they told me that data cleansing will be helpful for B2B database, but I did not know about data cleansing and it is not useful for B2B business. How important it is for you. Please guide me regarding data cleansing.

• My opinion - data cleansing is important to most, if not all, databases. Ideally you have the DB structures set up to prevent garbage from going in, but if garbage ends up in your database, garbage is going to come out. What I mean by garbage is using a VARCHAR column to store numbers or dates for example.

Garbage data can really mess up analytics as well. So my opinion, data cleansing is important, but it is better to do what you can to prevent the need for data cleansing wherever possible.

Now, as for your question about "what is data cleansing", google can help you there:

Data cleansing is the process of fixing or removing data that is wrong, incomplete, or irrelevant in a dataset.

Now, knowing the definition, you can see why it is important to any database where you care about the data quality.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Imagine you're sending out invitations to a grand ball, but half of them go to old addresses. Not only is it a missed opportunity to dance, but also a waste of fine parchment and ink. Similarly, in the B2B realm, having clean, accurate data ensures that marketing efforts, sales pitches, and customer communications reach the right castle – I mean, company. In B2B transactions, where sales cycles are longer and relationships are key, the impact of inaccurate data can be like a misfired spell – turning potential leads into frogs rather than princes of commerce. Data cleansing helps ensure that your sales and marketing teams aren't wandering in the enchanted forest without a clear path. It's about making sure that every piece of data you have serves a purpose and leads to meaningful interactions.

• Note to self: PPTS.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply