What Do You Want from SQL in the City?

• djackson 22568 (11/9/2012)

GRIN For all those asking for it in Europe, bah humbug! Keep it here.

You do know that Red Gate is based in the United Kingdom?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Bob Roby (11/9/2012)

FYI, Steve Jones and "Gilamonster" Gail Shaw have a new fan.

😀

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• GilaMonster (11/10/2012)

djackson 22568 (11/9/2012)

No, it isn't important to me. I only care that they have great products. I know Steve is based here, so that was where my "joke" stemmed from. I hope the humor was not ill received...

Dave

• Bonjour!

A Canadian tour would be more than welcome (Montréal, Québec, Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver,...).

TFS integration sesion would be great.

Sad I missed to New York session.

• Mascouche Qc Dba (11/12/2012)

Bonjour!

A Canadian tour would be more than welcome (Montréal, Québec, Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver,...).

TFS integration sesion would be great.

Sad I missed to New York session.

I wouldn't mind going to a session in Toronto!

I don't mind the drive, I know of plenty of things to do (the wife and I go there to get away for a weekend occasionally,) the downtown hotels are cheaper...

Jason

• djackson 22568 (11/10/2012)

GilaMonster (11/10/2012)

djackson 22568 (11/9/2012)

No, it isn't important to me. I only care that they have great products. I know Steve is based here, so that was where my "joke" stemmed from. I hope the humor was not ill received...

No, I just found it amusing that an American was asking a UK company to 'keep' their tour to the US only.

Gail Shaw

• SQLSaturday #156 in Providence,RI categorized topics as beginner, intermediate, and advanced - it made for easy scheduling. Hats off to all the presenters, and the planners especially.

Categorizing topics by work types would also help in scheduling (ie. BI, admin, development, security etc), especially for those of us looking to gain cross-knowledge.

A session on best Aggregation practices, tuning, etc for creation, history/maintenance, and query performance of large Aggregate tables and Lookup tables for BI/development would be great.

How about an informal grouping of attendees based on job category - maybe for a coffee break? - to see who has similar responsibilities. This may help trigger more interaction between attendees and increase comfort level and participation in sessions.

A special thanks to Jeff Moden for his excellent coverage of Tally, Cross Tabs and Pivot tables for intermediates and newbies as well.

• I'd like to see at an appearance at least one location in the Southeast, maybe Atlanta, Raleigh/Durham, New Orleans, or Jacksonville. I would also be interested in attending presentations geared toward B.I. and Big Data, as well as industry trends and skillsets that will be in future demand.

• I attended the London event and thought it was great, not too commercial. One of my favourite sessions, actually, was with the Red Gate development team talking about future products and what we, as DBAs/devs etc..., would want to see in them.

I agree with the comment about labelling the sessions in terms of level or difficulty. I may be more tempted to attend a beginner session on a topic I know little about to try and broaden my knowledge, rather than attend an intense session about a subject I already work with (and I know some people would do the opposite).

In terms of subject matter, I'd like to see more coverage on Azure, and also on Powershell.

HTH.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply