What about learning databases (pubs and northwind)?

• Does it make sense have in a high-disponibility production environment pubs and northwind databases?? I mean, even bearing on mind that these ones taken a few MB on the volume...
    As it customary, any suggestion or opinions would be very appreciated.
    Regards,
  • Usually dump them myself from the production environment.

• They are dropped from my production systems.

-SQLBill

• I leave them on our development server since it gives something for our developers to play around in.  However, I have dumped them from our production database server.

Have a good day,

Norene Malaney

• We drop them from all our enviornments

• We drop them from all environments.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• Not to be contrary, but we keep them on our production servers in the event we'd need emergency space at some point down the road.  Although it's not much it could prevent downtime while more space was added.

• I normally keep them in the development environment and I have an extra DB with the custom name in the production environment for tasks that require somewhat temp tables that should not be deleted when server restarts. For example when you need to keep data temporarily before importing into production or for verification purposes.

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• Usually leave them on a Dev system, but always removed from Production systems.

• The recommendation from a security side is to remove them in production. They represent a known source for an attacker to use to deploy custom objects such as stored procedures, tables, and views. And unless you are actively monitoring these databases, you wouldn't see those things pop up.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply