Wait type LATCH_EX [NESTING_TRANSACTION_FULL] - and blocking.

• Well. I am pretty sure that it is not due to recompile because it recompiles every time anyway as an old-asp-concatenated sql statement. But also I went the MAXDOP reducing path after reading THIS:

https://orderbyselectnull.com/2018/06/15/the-nesting_transaction_full-latch/

Likes to play Chess

• Additionally, I am still strongly thinking about adding more files to TEMPDB. Because all the blockees choke on the tempdb latches.

Likes to play Chess

• VoldemarG wrote:

Additionally, I am still strongly thinking about adding more files to TEMPDB. Because all the blockees choke on the tempdb latches.

I have found that's usually not the problem but rather a symptom of the problem... and it'll only get worse as time goes on a data gets bigger over time. I'm not saying that it's never the right thing to do but it usually shouldn't be the first choice.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• VoldemarG wrote:

Well. I am pretty sure that it is not due to recompile because it recompiles every time anyway as an old-asp-concatenated sql statement. But also I went the MAXDOP reducing path after reading THIS: https://orderbyselectnull.com/2018/06/15/the-nesting_transaction_full-latch/

Heh... that was something else we didn't know from what any of your posts stated. 😀

Anyway, thank you for the link you found.  Interesting stuff.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply