Our client in Sunrise, FL is in need of a VP of Database Administration on their SQL Server 2000 database. I have listed the description below. They are paying up to 100k plus 20% bonus, and Pre-IPO stock options (they are not a .com company).
Florida candidates ONLY.
Provide technical and management leadership to a group of Data Base
Administrators. Technical expertise is needed in the design,
implementation, and maintenance of relational database management systems
(RDBMSs) that support the companies business applications. Ensures logical
data models are mapped effectively and efficiently into physical data models
that take advantage of the characteristics of the specific database
management system used. Technically support multiple databases that run
enterprise-wide business applications, which are accessed by multiple
departments. Lead the team to create database topologies that have zero
latency in replication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages and lead database personnel in the design, implementation and
maintenance of all database administration functions and responsibilities.
2. Reviews, develops, and designs data models using standard diagramming
techniques, in conjunction with application development teams; creates
logical data models and translates into physical database structures that
integrate with existing or proposed database structures.
3. Monitors relational databases to optimize database performance, resource
use, and physical implementations of databases; addresses a variety of
database integration issues including synchronization between disparate
databases, integration, maintenance/conversion, capacity planning issues,
and new applications.
4. Maintains development, test, and production RDBMS environments.
5. Monitors and maintains database security and database software, in
cooperation with data security administrators.
6. Provides advice to applications programmers in the effective use of
database languages; advises on troubleshooting, exception processing needs,
and other data management issues.
7. Maintains availability and integrity of databases through multiple access
schemes; facilitates sharing of common data by overseeing proper key and
index management and data dictionary maintenance.
8. Evaluate and recommend testing and evaluation of new procedures,
software, and hardware.
9. Monitors and manages database backups, logs, and journals; installs,
maintains, and upgrades database software; restores and/or recovers data as
10. Creates, procures and maintains various database related documents such
as manuals and programmers handbooks.
11. Participate in 24-hour on-call support.
12. Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment,
13. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years experience directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified.
Position requires: a) Management and internal and external customer
interaction skills; b) Creating, maintaining, and monitoring relational
databases; c) creating and maintaining documents such as manuals and
programmer handbooks; d) installing and upgrading database software; and e)
testing and evaluating systems to optimize database performance.