Using VisualSVN for SSDT, SSIS or SSRS projects in Visual Studio

• This post is an answer to a question I had the other night regarding VisualSVN and data related projects in VisualStudio, posting it here so anyone else having a similar issue won't have to hunt around for days like I did.

I searched the web and SQL Server Central for help last week because SVN source control status icons were not showing up consistently for SSIS and SSRS projects in Visual Studio when using the VisualSVN plugin. VisualSVN's documentation isn't clear about what project types are and are not supported. I emailed their support and received the following response from the VisualSVN team:

SSIS, SSRS and SQL Server 2012 database projects are not currently supported by VisualSVN (a plugin for Visual Studio).

VisualSVN *can* work with them but unreliably: you can commit, update and checkout with these project templates, however, as you've already noticed, status icons are not displayed for some projects and there might be issues related to translating Visual Studio's file operations to Subversion. We consider solving this in future VisualSVN updates, however I can't provide you with any ETA.

• Thanks for posting this. I had the exact same issue at a client, so now I know it's not our fault 😀

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply