Using parameters in SSIS OLEDB Data Source

• I am trying to use the "?" place holder in my SQL statement so I can map to package variables.

The Parameters... button works properly and I can assign the variables. Also the Parse Query returns a successful parse. But when I click OK or Preview... I get the error message shown below.

If I take out the parameter and hard code a value it works fine. According to the error message I am not sending any parameters

Also the variable I am using has a value, I can hard code the entire statement in the variable pick SQL Cmd from variable and it works fine so I know there is a value.

Not sure how to proceed any suggestions on where to look etc....

thanks

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio

------------------------------

Error at DFT - Load AB [OLE DB Source [1]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Pervasive.SQL V9 OLE DB Provider" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Unspecified error".

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Pervasive.SQL V9 OLE DB Provider" Hresult: 0x80040E10 Description: "No value given for one or more required parameters.".

Error at DFT - Load AB [OLE DB Source [1]]: Unable to retrieve column information from the data source. Make sure your target table in the database is available.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC020204A (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

BUTTONS:

OK

• One question is - does the provider for Pervasive support parameters ? Some providers don't.

For what it is worth, I get a similar error when trying to preview a query against a SQL Server database using the SQL Native provider when using a similar sort of query

• Brian Knight, author of the Wrox Press "Expert" and "Professional" SSIS books, replied to a similar question that the preview function just doesn't work with parameters. http://www.bokebb.com/dev/english/2006/posts/2006107267.shtml

(Since this SQLServerCentral thread came up first on Google for my query, I figured I'd provide the reference).

• This was a pretty old post and since then I just use a fully formed sql statement to get the data. I am pretty sure the Pervasive OLEDB provider does not support parameters or much else for that matter.

As for the OLEDB provider for SQL server, I can't say whether the preview worked, but I would think if you set variable values it should preview ok.

thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply