User notices on SSMS

• Hi,

I manage a server and would like to know is there a way of placing a small message that sits in view of all users connected to a server on the SSMS screen. I'm 99.999% sure there isn't but I just thought I'd ask.

Yes, I can find out who is logged on but my question is more around keeping a message in view of the users who are logged on.

Any help most welcome.

Thanks,

Eamon

• I'm not aware of a way to do this, no. You can have a query window showing logins. You can refresh that regularly. Or, maybe you're thinking of the Activity Monitor? Right click on the server in Object Explorer and you'll see that option. Click on Processes. That may be what you're thinking of. If not, stick with the query.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• You could create a custom Report within SSMS (Add a Custom Report to Management Studio), or if you're using Azure Data Studio add the query ad a Widjet to your Dashboard (Customize Azure Data Studio with Dashboard Widgets).

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• EamonSQL wrote:

Hi, I manage a server and would like to know is there a way of placing a small message that sits in view of all users connected to a server on the SSMS screen. I'm 99.999% sure there isn't but I just thought I'd ask. Yes, I can find out who is logged on but my question is more around keeping a message in view of the users who are logged on. Any help most welcome. Thanks, Eamon      

What would the "small message" actually contain/be used for?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply