use microsoft updates

• can somebody please reply to this topic

• "Can someone please reply to this topic" - give us a chance, we're all trying to hold down day jobs here... we're volunteers, not paid staff.

From the SQL Server 2014 Installation Wizard documentation:

The Microsoft Update page will appear next if the Microsoft Update check box in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Update\Change settings is not checked. Putting a check in the Microsoft Update page will change the computer settings to include the latest updates when you scan for Windows Update.

So it's saying that the Update checkbox is tied to the Windows Update process - you can fix that manually.

Thomas Rushton
    blog: https://thelonedba.wordpress.com

• Sorry but I'm talking about use microsoft I update page

Where is asks to tick use Microsoft updates to check for updates and it says recommended, I haven't ticked it, does it matter

And can I change and use microsoft updates after installation

• Hey guys any updates from anyone

• sqlserverDBA2016 (11/17/2016)

If you go to http://www.sqlcoffee.com/sqlserver2014_0005.htm

And go to Microsoft update u wil know what I'm talking about

You read it. It tells you what it does. Do you suppose not having the latest updates might be a bad thing? Do you know how to get the latest updates after the installation? The only time it might be a "big thing" is if you don't know how to get those post installation updates.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply