unable to load the data

• Hi All,

I have developed a SSIS package which will run a query on different instances and will insert the result into the other instance.

but the package is executing successfully and its not inserting the results into the destination instance.

Unable to find any errors in that package.

Can you please help me in this?

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• Otherwise please let me know how to do the below scenario using SSIS:

I have a query which need to be run on different instanceas and the result to be stored in other instance.

Thanks and Regardss!!

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• Raghavender (7/5/2012)

Otherwise please let me know how to do the below scenario using SSIS:

I have a query which need to be run on different instanceas and the result to be stored in other instance.

Thanks and Regardss!!

Could you please let us know what exactly you are doing and how are you managing the connections ?

--rhythmk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    To post your question use below link

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/forum-etiquette-how-to-post-datacode-on-a-forum-to-get-the-best-help
    🙂

• We have different instances on those we have to run one SQL script, and the result to be stored in another instance.

This is the thing I am looking for.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• Raghavender (7/5/2012)

We have different instances on those we have to run one SQL script, and the result to be stored in another instance.

That does not answer my question.That is very generic statement made by you while I asked what is the exact requirement i.e.

1.What is the SQL script or what it does.

2.How are you executing in the different instances.

3.How are you storing the result.

4.How are you managing the connections.

--rhythmk

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/forum-etiquette-how-to-post-datacode-on-a-forum-to-get-the-best-help
    🙂

• rhythmk (7/5/2012)

Raghavender (7/5/2012)

We have different instances on those we have to run one SQL script, and the result to be stored in another instance.

That does not answer my question.That is very generic statement made by you while I asked what is the exact requirement i.e.

1. Script will check for the job failures.

2. I have used SSIS, Data flow tassks at Source end I have given the source name and selected SQL Command and pasted the query. and Destination is the Instance where I want to store results. Here Source instances will change and destination server is same.

3. I want store these results in table at Destination end.

4. I didnot understand this squestion.

thanks and regards

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• Raghavender (7/5/2012)

rhythmk (7/5/2012)

Raghavender (7/5/2012)

1. Script will check for the job failures.

2. I have used SSIS, Data flow tassks at Source end I have given the source name and selected SQL Command and pasted the query. and Destination is the Instance where I want to store results. Here Source instances will change and destination server is same.

3. I want store these results in table at Destination end.

4. I didnot understand this squestion.

thanks and regards

Where are you managing DB connection for source and destination - Connection Manager or you are using SSIS Configurations.

--rhythmk

🙂

• connection manager.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• Hi Raghavender

How is your package handling its data sources? e.g. Does it have a single data source for all the instances it reads? (this option requires a loop over your instances and dynamically setting up the data source) or Does it have as many data sources as instances?

It will not be wise to elaborate any further in your problem without knowing how your package is getting its data.

Cheers,

Hope this helps,
    Rock from VbCity

• As many Datasources as source instances.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• Would it be possible for you to take a picture of your package's data flow and posted here, it will be a lot easier to help you, because your replies just answer a single question without elaborating further on the details of your package.

My next questions, without knowing your data flow are:

Are your data sources -> updates to the target table sequential?

or

Are you merging the data coming from all the data sources before updating your target table?

--

Then, based on your reply, I will be asking about the information shown by data viewers associated with each one of your data sources? and your destination updates to the target table.

Cheers,

Hope this helps,
    Rock from VbCity

• Please find the attachment.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• Have you configured ?

Have you tested your package in development environment?

-If it is working fine in dev enviroment you have to check your permissions in Prod envi.

-Check the properties of the "fail parent" and "fail package" in each task of your package.

-Check the job start step in sql seragent

-The user account that is used to run the package under SQL Server Agent differs from the original package author.

-The user account does not have the required permissions to make connections or to access resources outside the SSIS package.

• Raghavender (7/11/2012)

Please find the attachment.

Hi Raghavender,

It is very difficult at our end to tell you what is the problem at your end.

However the only solution is that try out all the suggested options if you feel relevant.Please try these and let us know.

1.Put dataviewers(grid) on data paths.Are you able to see the data in dataviewer ?

2.Try out with different data flow tasks for every instance in control flow pane.

--rhythmk

🙂

• My advice is similar to the one given above; you should add 3 data viewers as shown in the figure below.

If you don't know how to add a data viewer, just double click on the green arrow, then select data viewer, and add one.

Once you set them, run your package, a couple of things could happens:

a. You will see data appearing on these data viewers, confirming your data sources are working fine, and your issue is with your destination.

b. Your data viewers are empty or they do not appear, telling us your issue is with your sources.

Let us know what happened, a or b?

Cheers,

Hope this helps,
    Rock from VbCity

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply