Unable to install sql server 2008 Management studio

• Do you see something on the Windows eventlog?

• Poornima,

That might be because of the partially or wrongly installed programs of Mgmt studio you tried before.. Go to control panel and try to uninstall all the previous sql server mgmt files on one particular date.. If dat does not work just type how to install sql server mgmt studio manually on google.. That worked for me..

--Pra:-):-)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi,

There is no previous version of management studio installed in my system.

Plz check in event log and send you the details.

Regards,

poornima

• Final result: SQL Server installation failed. To continue, investigate the reason for the failure, correct the problem, uninstall SQL Server, and then rerun SQL Server Setup.

I can see this msg in ur log details.. Just look for some files that are installed before.. then try to install it manually

--Pra:-):-)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• prathibha_aviator (1/24/2013)

Final result: SQL Server installation failed. To continue, investigate the reason for the failure, correct the problem, uninstall SQL Server, and then rerun SQL Server Setup.

I can see this msg in ur log details.. Just look for some files that are installed before.. then try to install it manually

Whenever you install SQL Server on a system it creates an installation summary, that summary is most likely to be in you c drive under program files, then the SQL Server directory and in there you choose the version (100 or 110) depending on the version you installed, there should be a folder called setup bootstrap and in that folder you will fin the folder "log". When you get there you will see more folders with dates. Check in there and attach that summary here.

• Ahh... That makes it more clear.. Now try it again Poornima..!!:-)

• Hi Friends,

Please see the log I attached...

I took from the path mentioned clearly by Ignacio.

Waiting your reply..

Regards,

poornima

• Could you please add the attachment in another format? I'm not able to open it.

• Hi Ignacio,

I attached in .rar format.Plz try to extract it.

Regards,

poornima

• poornima.s_pdi (2/1/2013)

Hi Ignacio,

I attached in .rar format.Plz try to extract it.

Regards,

poornima

Hi, please accept my apologies for not getting back to you before, but I have been a bit busy. I finally check the file and it seems to me that you may have to repair you .net framework. I found this link with similar errors http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlsetupandupgrade/thread/684ea574-0a5d-4149-8ad1-52a81aa04a61/ try to follow the instructions and please let me know if it helped.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply