Two tables per page

• I have this report, see below, that works great. Enter the employee number and these two separate tables/tablix populate. How do I take this report, or another one, and have a page per employee for all employees in a single report? It is easy when I have a single table/tablix. But this is two that appear on the same page.

Thank you for any input or help,

Timecards

• Not a 100% on this, but set the SQL for each to not check for a specific employee.  Set the page breaks to be on the Employee.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• Drop a Tablix onto the report canvas, add the EmployeeID, group by it, and put a page break between instances. Then put the other report inside it as a subreport (?)

• I personally dislike sub-reports because I have seen too many performance issues.

Have you tried combining the 2 tables into 1 table?  That should work and make page breaks easy to implement.

• I'm not sure how to combine two different types of tables into one. How do I force a page break on employee? Since they are two separate tables the results are not working well.

• If I include it as a sub report it only shows the first employee because the parameter expression is =First(Fields!Employee.Value, "Employee").  If I take out the first I get an aggregate error, i.e.  =Fields!Employee.Value, "Employee"

• Have you tried combining the queries into 1 query?  You could use a CTE to produce the aggregates and then join those to the details.  Your query would then fit nicely into a single SSRS table.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply