Transparent Data Encryption and Extensible Key Management – Better Together

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Transparent Data Encryption and Extensible Key Management – Better Together

• Any recommendations on any vendors?  I implemented this with townsend security and they caused a few outages and have since been removed as my vendor.  I was debating Azure Key Management but prefer not to deal with the external firewall rules if their are any other good on-prem vendors!

• I tested the Gemalto one years ago. Worked ok, but light tests. Couldn't say they wouldn't have issues, and certainly they were $$$$.

I know there are some software HSM solutions, but haven't tried them. Maybe someone else has a recommendation.

• A quick chat with a few people has them all noting that Azure Key Management is likely the best because you don't need to manage it. All the solutions appear to have good reviews, but are most costly and someone has to do some admin stuff.Less with Azure.

• Thanks for the follow-up.  Yeah it definitely is super cheap did some comparisons today.  Talking hundreds vs thousands of dollars.  I'm assuming it runs on a finite range of IPs and port so hopefully won't be opening up PCI data to outside world too much.  Thanks again for responses.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply