Track the user who provided sysadmin to the perticular login ID.

• Hi Guys,

Can some one help me how to find the user who altered the access for the perticular login.?? For eg:I want to know who gave sysadmin access to one perticular login.Can we track this in sqlserver?

Many thanks,

Mithra.

• As long as it didn't happen too long ago, you should be able to find that information in the default trace.

Check SQL Server 2005 Books Online for info on the default trace.

• You can also go for C2 Auditing but be careful, as it increase the overhead on resources.

C2 auditing records information goes beyond server-level events, such as shutdown or restart, successful and failed login attempts, extending it to successful and failed use of permissions when accessing individual database objects and executing all Data Definition, Data Access Control, and Data Manipulation Language statements.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Thank You very much Bhuvnesh.Just to clarify,Is there any other option in sqlserver to track this(other then trace and c2 audit,since this may low down the system performance).I just want to track the user Id who alters the permission of one perticular ID in the server.Thanks again.

• @Mithra

Refer these links.it might have what you require

http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1627

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Unless you have explicitly disabled it, you already have the default trace running as - by default - it is enabled

• Thanks Bhuvnesh and Andrew!!!

• You're welcome, glad to help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply