to improve query response time

• In my SQLSERVER2005 EXPRESS

I Detached all databases and attached with new set of databases from SQL2005 Developer edition from different server.

Now My important SP response time increased from 00:00:00(before detaching the old databases) to 00:00:08

How to improve query response time for SQLSERVER2005 EXPRESS

earlier it worked fine

Thanks

• What is different about the new databases you've attached?

Do the new databases have substantially more data than the previous databases?

Also check and see if your new databases have the same indexes as previous versions...

• Why does anyone think that SQL Server Express can handle the Enterprise quality/size of 2k5 databases? You've probably violated at least one size limit and Lord knows what else...

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Hi,

Try the following

1.) Update the statitics

2.) Create index based on the procedure

• Comparing query performance from different server/SQL edition? It is supposed to compare based on the same server setting/configuration.

• Vivien Xing (11/13/2007)

Comparing query performance from different server/SQL edition? It is supposed to compare based on the same server setting/configuration.

..only if your server has 1 processor, and 1GB RAM. Remember - that's all Express will use. It also won't go over 4GB on a DB.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Vivien Xing (11/13/2007)

Comparing query performance from different server/SQL edition? It is supposed to compare based on the same server setting/configuration.

Isn't that like saying two different size dump trucks with different size engines have the same capacity???

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply