timeout expired

• You would have to remove the foreign key constraint first. Wont matter where you execute it from!

Andy

• Hello guys,

I have read the some of the discussions here and find it very useful.

I too have this problem with timeout using VB.

In my program i use VB to do simple sql like create table, create index, select, update and truncate tables. I am also dealing with large chunks and the use of text and ntext is inevitable. My program will actually do a lot of insertion (mostly large data) into the database as well as appending one table to another. At first, the program ran fine. But after about 80% completion, I will get this error:

'S1T00' SQL Server Error:0'[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Timeout Expired

I am using ADO on SQL Server 7 sitting on a Windows2000 Server. I have no service packs on it yet though. If anyone has any ideas, please help me out.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Desparate guy

• Start by applying SP3! Are your tables indexed and have the indexes been rebuilt in the last few days?

Andy

• Andy,

Can you help, I get a related timeout problem on MSDE (attached to an ASP application).

The error reads: "SQL Server Driver Timeout Expired"

What makes it hard to investigate is the fact that I only have ftp access so I can't check the MSDE, ODBC or ADO settings.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

huge

• Hi,

I have a stored procedure which keeps giving timeout Expired when run using the VB app through RDO connection to SQL Server but it works fine when run through Sql Query Analyzer. Any ideas???

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply