Timeout expire

• Hi everyone. I'm using SQL server 2005 dev edition & everything was working ok a few days ago now when i try to connected to SQL server i'm getting an error message Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. Now the really weird thing is that if i reboot my machine it works ok for about 15 mins & then i get the error message again.....also i'm connecting using ASP.net 2.0...... Can someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I'm not much of a programmer, but I'd make sure you are closing your connections. I assume you're runnning SQL on the machine you're rebooting.

I few more details - like if everything is on the same machine, might get some others to offer something.

Good luck.

GE

• Monte,

What is your ASP code doing. Like Greg said, check your connections.  Can you find anything strange in the Activity Monitor or Event Viewer?

Jon

• Hi Monte,

What we see from the problem you have written that the package is executed but never finishes its execution and re ceives an error message as 'time out.....' .

We also faced the same issue, restart the services instead of rebooting ( that's what we did).  moreover you need to check the time out settings in the sql server as well as the source from where you are fetching data. If it's AS400 or something then you got to set time out settings there also.

Regards

Amit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply